Acura TLX Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
105 Posts
I’m having the same issue my battery is good, starter, and alternator is new. Did you find the issue
He said dealer diagnosis after 4th incident was a bad battery (defective cell).

·
Registered
520 Posts
I say replace your battery. I don't think I have heard a single person come back and post that the battery did not fix their occasional failure to start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I say replace your battery. I don't think I have heard a single person come back and post that the battery did not fix their occasional failure to start.
Maybe I will be the first... Bought the 2015 TLX SH-AWD new and have had the problem since day 1. At least half the time car doesn't restart at a stop light and takes more than a comfortable time to recover. Took to the dealer and replaced the battery which did absolutely nothing. I'm 3 hrs away from the dealer so not really practical to to keep taking back, and I'm out of warrantee now anyways. The battery is not the problem as it starts perfectly fine when it doesn't try to start a few seconds after shutting off. Seems more like a too much compression to overcome in that case and a design issue. I'm probably going to buy this : Home | Idlestopper.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts