Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this sucks. moreso because it was a brand new mint car.

no idea what the guy was thinking, glad nobody was hurt, i had my 5yr old daughter in the car. police came and found him at fault. basically while waiting to turn right off a highway offramp, he squeezed between me and the curb for some unknown reason and hit my front right bumper. the OEM kit took the brunt of the damage, scratched bumper, scratched headlight, and the fender is bent in just a little bit.

on the bright side of things, i'm not going to let insurance just respray the bumper either. i'm going to get a brand new factory painted bumper, which is nice because now i don't have to install the front licence plate bracket, and now i can also get the entire bumper wrapped in the clear 3m or whatever brand stone chip film. new oem factory painted optional kit, and for the fender i'm going to see if the body shop can get it back into shape without a repaint, basically i don't want 5 shades of white on the car. oh also a brand new headlight, i'm lucky that the car is new enough that the new headlight won't look different than the other undamaged one.

still pretty bummed about it tho. :| also i'm leaving for vacation on friday so i'm trying to get it in the shop and done by the time i get back.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
That stinks!!

What was he thinking?? Saving 10-15 seconds?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I never like to see or hear anyone facing these situations, much less myself, but there are a whole lot of terrible and incompetent drivers out there. You just hope they are not near you when they do something stupid.

From a financial perspective, buying a new car is the absolute worst investment you can make. It depreciates significantly as soon as you drive it off the lot, and the feeling of despair when it is damaged is almost unbearable. But I do not want to be seen in or drive an old clunker.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone, i'll tell you what the really crappy part about it is. i leased and bought the lease protection where incase of anything like an accident that's been repaired, the residual value at the end of the lease won't be effected (same thing if i bring it back with a scratch, or dent or bald tires) i basically hand back the keys and i'm out....however the other day i was thinking how much i like this car, and i would buy out my lease.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Feel you

My mother who is the only one I trust to use me TLX rubbed up against my garage frame after I told her please be careful. The tlx is my vacation car, my everyday vehicle is 2012 mdx.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Some "accidents" might not be avoidable, but some stupid asshat doing something so careless drives me nuts. Sure its only a car and no one got hurt, but Id lose my $hit if that happened to me. Figures the other car is a pile too.

I had some dumb broad back into my Genesis in broad daylight 2 years ago. I think 1 of my tires was worth more then her minvan was. I thought for sure her cheque for the $2k in damages was gonna bounce. Luckily it didnt.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm glad you were all okay and at least you get a new bumper from insurance. Sometimes no matter how careful you are, there's always someone out there who isn't.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just happy in the fact that it's being taken care of. when i think about how my resale value is horrible now that's something that sucks.

but it could be worse, someone hit my sister in law's civic when it was brand new in the parking lot and took off. they dented in the quarter pannel bad and it's not like you can just unbolt and bolt on another; atleast this is purely cosmetic. i was trying to get the car into the body shop before i leave tomorrow for jamaica but it would be too much of a rush and would be a waste of money to pay to park a rental at the airport or just have sitting there, so i'll deal with it when i get back. poor car :(

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
car is finally in the shop. meanwhile i get this to drive around for a rental

it's a c300 but it's like the yaris of benz's. fake leather, plastic everywhere, in other words the tlx kills this thing.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't complain, at least it's not a corolla lol i do want my TLX back tho, funny how much you miss your car when you don't have it.

everything is off the car for proper paint/blending. also nice that a new car won't be covered in dust.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
yes :(

two weeks of that were because of my insurance company. i made an appointment to drop off the car on monday, and the adjuster come out to see it that same day. he didn't show up. re-scheduled for thursday, didn't show up again. rescheduled for tuesday; says he can't find the body shop.

then the new fender from acura came dented so that had to go back and another one shipped in. finally got all the parts, everything being prepped right now, paint on monday, hopefully get it back by mid next week.

insurance also wanted me to return the rental and take the car back while waiting on the adjuster to show up. i refused, and told them they will continue to cover the rental until he shows up and for however long it takes in the shop. less km's on my lease i guess.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
That seems like a lot harder than it needed to be. Hopefully things go smooth for you from here. You did good not to give the rental back. I wouldn't have either.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
car is finally in the shop. meanwhile i get this to drive around for a rental

it's a c300 but it's like the yaris of benz's. fake leather, plastic everywhere, in other words the tlx kills this thing.
Refer to the Acura is not a luxury car thread and all the BMW/MB nutswingers in it.

Has it really been in the shop for a month?
So much for overnighting parts from Japan.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts