Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spied. Some of the blogs figure its the Civic concept, but you can see the jewel eyes and Acuraesque wheels...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you sure those are the jewel eye headlights or is it just the way the camouflage sits on top of the vehicle? The wheels don't looks very Toyota though, I will admit that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The rims definitely point more toward Acura. I think its hard to tell much about the headlights. The pictures are pretty blurry.

A TLX Coupe would be great though. Would be cool to have a bit of a sportier option.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
The first thing I thought of when I saw the rims was Honda Civic. I'm not sure about the U.S., but in Canada the Civics have very similar rims to the spy shot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree with Andre that it would appear to resemble the Honda Civic over an Acura. The rims are more similar to the Civic than to the TLX or ILX. The jeweled headlights on the Acuras are more refined and somewhat smaller than shown on the "phantom" car in the picture. My guess is that the appearance of the "jeweled headlights" is caused by the fact that the slits in the car cover over the headlights cause it to have a jeweled appearance from afar but that it is actually just covering one headlight.

That said, I have seen a few Honda Accords in this area whose daytime running lights look very similar to my TLX. It isn't until you get up close than you can see that the car actually as a more conventional headlight above the running lights. Acura started the jewel headlights with the RLX and each year has stepped it down a notch to where the 2016 ILX will have the lights. Maybe they are going to extend it to the Honda Accord next.;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Seen those pictures and always thought it was some higher trim Civic that they want to throw LED headlights on.
If that's the case, then it's about time they did that as the Accord already has them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Last time they did a GT type of coupe (Acura CL), sales were minimal, even going beyond that model into older ones.

The smartest move for them as it relates to 2 doors is coming out with an S2000 successor, unless of course they want to leave that up to Honda.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but how would the test driver get out of that car in a hurry if something bad happened? I don't see any zipper on the camouflage so would they just roll down the window and slide out Dukes of Hazard style?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts