Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Based on a similar situation in another forum, they will probably only be available in that market. You'd have to find someone to export them for you. You may get lucky enough to find them on EBay. I havent seen any yet though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not enough of a change for it to be worth it for me.

On my old Mazda6, North America got tail lights that bulged out to meet our standards, while the rest of the world got smooth tail lights that followed the body-work of the rear. That was a worthy upgrade. Laughably, the guys on the other side wanted our tails so that they could look custom too. I guess it's just perspective.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks much better than what we got in North America in my opinion. I'm a huge fan of clear signal lights like that.

I hate it when manufacturers make us use red lights for signals or use brake lights as signal lights. But I understand that's because the DOT in USA is dumb like that.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I tend to agree that the solid red makes signal lights harder to see...for the few who use them of course. I think a clear signal stand out much more......but the price to do the change (I'm assuming as we haven't seen the cost) isn't worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm a sucker for things like this. example i used UKDM (euro spec) taillights on my integra because the turn signals were clear instead of amber (or red in later years). also if i kept my TSX i was planing on getting the honda spiror led taillights.

if i can source a set i'd get them, looks like the only major difference is the outers anyways. something a little different yet still oem looking to set you apart.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey they get an Acura emblem too? I feel so ripped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I prefer without the ACURA badge. No need here to state what the brand is. Maybe in other countries where Acura is less known?

I do like those wheels better than our stock.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I prefer without the ACURA badge. No need here to state what the brand is. Maybe in other countries where Acura is less known?

I do like those wheels better than our stock.
This was a topic in another forum I belong to. It seems in North American the manufacturers are getting away from putting the make of the car and using just the emblem. For the new markets using the name is probably a good idea as mentioned above.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Exactly. Heat it up with a hair dryer, get behind it with floss and work the emblem off and then take off the residue with goo gone.
that's how i did mine. on a new car you can rub off the excess with your thumb. looks cleaner imo and leaves ppl guessing. a bunch of parents at my kids school came up to me and were like "what car is this?????" lol

the "A" has two holes behind it tho.

·
Registered
274 Posts
that's how i did mine. on a new car you can rub off the excess with your thumb. looks cleaner imo and leaves ppl guessing. a bunch of parents at my kids school came up to me and were like "what car is this?????" lol

the "A" has two holes behind it tho.
I don't want to remove that, because I don't want the "A" holes showing. ;)

Reactions: rlfd16

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know.. quite terrible. Not my best stuff. I am tired, and it has been a long day.

I will be attempting the TLX removal tomorrow afternoon. :) Will post pics when done.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts