Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read two posts on another forum that the TLX died on the road and all sorts of indicators went off. Road service had to be called because the cars would not move.

One guy drove his car off the lot and 23 miles later it stalled and the indicators went off. He was left stranded and called for help. Can you imagine the euphoria of driving off the lot and only 23 miles later you feel anger.

This morning, a friend sent me a PM that he encountered the same issue. He was driving and the car switched into neutral by itself and the indicator lights went on like a Christmas tree. He was able to roll off the road and call for service.

Rough shifting is one thing, but for the car to become unusable, that escalates the issue to intolerable.

Be careful on your Christmas drive home and make sure you carry your cell phone and Roadside Assistance cards.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Agree, this is totally a safety issue ! My infotainment rebooted on me while I was driving on the highway once and that thing alone was quite scary; can imagine what happens when the car just shuts down.

That's right - Merry Christmas folks and all the best in the New 2105 Year !

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am going out on a limb here and questioning the merits of the post by our Super Moderator, but there is a fine line between sharing information and FUD. What are we supposed to do with this "second hand" information? Rise up en masse with a petition to Acura, sell our cars asap, dissuade others from buying the car! I am not burying my head in the sand about problems, but.. Oh well, I have said me piece.

Merry Christmas, and hope you all have a trouble free 2015.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Since I can not verify the FUD from the blind praise, I want all information to be shared. Just as there are some that have nothing good to say about Acura and no doubt post false information to bash Acura, there are plenty who do nothing but defend Acura as if they are flawless. The "other" forum has a number of members who immediately try to ridicule and bash ANY post that implies anything negative about Acura.

I love Acura, but if someones transmission is acting up, or their car vibrates, I want to know and Acura should hear our concerns. Just my 2 cents.

OH....and Happy New Year to everyone. A new TLX may be in my 2015!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Merry Christmas!

that being said, my bluetooth audio has been acting funny lately, in that my songs will pause every now and then, pressing the play button on the touchscreen will resume playing. but i figured it is likely because my nexus5 was upgraded to lollipop. unpaired and re-paired from scratch, things seem to run a bit better. SMS will actually show on screen (or read out loud) which was not possible before when i had kitkat

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am going out on a limb here and questioning the merits of the post by our Super Moderator, but there is a fine line between sharing information and FUD. What are we supposed to do with this "second hand" information? Rise up en masse with a petition to Acura, sell our cars asap, dissuade others from buying the car! I am not burying my head in the sand about problems, but.. Oh well, I have said me piece.

I thought about not posting and letting it go, but then when my friend reported nearly the same issue, I figured the story was legit. I can understand any doubt of legitimacy. Definitely don't take my opinion as gospel. :)

I was getting tired of hearing about the repeated bad news about the transmissions, but this particular issue got my interest.

So far I have zero unresolved issues with my TLX, but if my car becomes disabled, I would serious think about joining en mass and rise up in some safe, legal manner, after trying to use the Lemon Law.

Sorry to cause any unintended panic. :|

From Wikipedia -> FUD (brand), a Mexican brand of cold cuts and hot dogs

red font = sarcasm

·
Registered
168 Posts

Hi TLX2014...

All information is good information, as long as it is not either "spun up" or "minimized". Our moderator made it very clear that this report was based on TWO reported instances, one of which was directly verifiable, and presumably from a trusted source, who offered it to him discretely.

Personally, I love good news more than bad news... but we will lose trust in this forum if we filter out things we don't want to hear about.

These forums can be the "early warning system" on issues like this... we will soon see if these were one-offs, or if more people come out of the woodwork.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Hi TLX2014...

All information is good information, as long as it is not either "spun up" or "minimized". Our moderator made it very clear that this report was based on TWO reported instances, one of which was directly verifiable, and presumably from a trusted source, who offered it to him discretely.

Personally, I love good news more than bad news... but we will lose trust in this forum if we filter out things we don't want to hear about.

These forums can be the "early warning system" on issues like this... we will soon see if these were one-offs, or if more people come out of the woodwork.
Well said.... I agree.

its never a bad thing to have too much information. Its a free country and everyone should be able to express their opinion and or concerns whether good or bad.

I think this is what makes this forums appealing to many owners and can help many others.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I agree that forums need to act as early warning signals for issues, as well as hints and ideas. If we filter too early we lose the early warning, and may have to wait for the manufacturer - who may not even have the data available. Over time we we then filter out the noise

Keep the early warnings and weak signals coming!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tranny prob on V-6 SH AWD, emissions & software reset

Had to be towed last night. 3,000 miles. 20 degrees out, valet parked car in front of restaurant and left it running for us to pick up. IP lit up like xmas tree. Parking brake locked up and emission warning. I shut it off several times to see if that would reset the system, but no such luck. Waiting for report from service. About a week ago, I too had a system reset of software. Not sure what triggered it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the Forum!

Had to be towed last night. 3,000 miles. 20 degrees out, valet parked car in front of restaurant and left it running for us to pick up. IP lit up like xmas tree. Parking brake locked up and emission warning. I shut it off several times to see if that would reset the system, but no such luck. Waiting for report from service. About a week ago, I too had a system reset of software. Not sure what triggered it.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the TLX.

Please let us know how it turns out.

For me, I had the supposed brake failure and emission system problem. The car drove fine, for me. Seems after a reset, they replaced the fuel filler assembly and it fixed my problem. Somehow in the failure of the fuel filler assembly, it caused a voltage drop that made the brake failure light come on. Haven't seen any issue since. That occurred in week 4. I have now had the car for 4 months. Car rides great with no issues at all. Hope you are as lucky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the TLX.

Please let us know how it turns out.

For me, I had the supposed brake failure and emission system problem. The car drove fine, for me. Seems after a reset, they replaced the fuel filler assembly and it fixed my problem. Somehow in the failure of the fuel filler assembly, it caused a voltage drop that made the brake failure light come on. Haven't seen any issue since. That occurred in week 4. I have now had the car for 4 months. Car rides great with no issues at all. Hope you are as lucky.
I seem to be having the same or similar problem with my TLX SHAWD Tech. So far it has not set any codes indicating the source of the error but it has been lighting up like 4th of July and even the SHAWD got messed up, at one point all the torque was going to the rear wheels. And of course when the dealer starts it up, it behaves perfectly. How did they finally diagnose the source of your problem?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I seem to be having the same or similar problem with my TLX SHAWD Tech. So far it has not set any codes indicating the source of the error but it has been lighting up like 4th of July and even the SHAWD got messed up, at one point all the torque was going to the rear wheels. And of course when the dealer starts it up, it behaves perfectly. How did they finally diagnose the source of your problem?
It sounds identical to my i4, but I don't have SHAWD.

The techs decided to fix one problem at a time. The only indication that anything was bad pointed to the emissions system. Once they fixed that, the other alert disappeared. Since the voltage dropped when an alert was sent for one issue caused too much of a voltage drop in the circuit and caused some false alarms in addition to the true alarm. At least that was what I was told.

It took them two visits to figure it out. I have only been back for one oil change since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been a member here for a while, but forgot my password/not at my PC where I usually post from, so I just "logged in w/Google" to post this - I just had a bunch of electronic system failures including power steering "EPS" Failure. Roadside Assistance is on the way to tow my car to the dealer.

IMG_20190806_144440562.jpg IMG_20190806_144506741.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agree, this is totally a safety issue ! My infotainment rebooted on me while I was driving on the highway once and that thing alone was quite scary; can imagine what happens when the car just shuts down.

That's right - Merry Christmas folks and all the best in the New 2105 Year !

That happened to me re-boot I was like WTF...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts