Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with flatlandTLX. Everything looks great except the hood. Also, you should add black rear spoiler to it.

Another route for tech pkg/advance is to just add color match spoiler but it is your car so it is your call. :)

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Agree to all of you the hood seems like too much...Trying to find part # for black deck lid spoiler but could not find even in acura estore. What wrap your using the glossy or the matte one...

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
25 Posts
If you want to carry the look through you can also wrap your chrome surrounds to black either glossy or matte based on your preference (matching the roof)..

·
Registered
19 Posts
What do you think.. it will look good or ugly... View attachment 26740 View attachment 26741
What do you think.. it will look good or ugly... View attachment 26740 View attachment 26741
I like most of your concept, but personally Black on white is to bold for me. I prefer more subtle appearance when adding enhancement. However, ALL of us have our personal desires and what we think individually is appealing may not be the same with another individuals perspective on the same vehicle. Your car is definitely an eye catcher and creates individuality for one to think about. Very much appreciate sharing your work

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm still thinking if I'll go ahead with those wrap or just get the carbon fiber spoiler.
I am presently doing some under hood trim with carbon fiber striping. Car is painted modern steel metallic and still considering what, if any exterior changes. Did all my doors and trunk lid with black door edge protectors, first tried carbon fiber but wasn't happy with look so went with black. After I finish under hood detailing will clean inside of all rims and apply protective coating to help prevent accumulation of dust & dirt on them and paint calipers. I prefer spoilers on smaller sporty cars, such as Mustang etc, prefer subtle appearance rather than bold. But everybody has their personal preferences. That's what keeps the after market business thriving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks great! How difficult was it? Did you remove the antenna and ditch moldings?
It is not hard. But tricky part is to remove the Antenna which I need to pull down the liner inside. You need to bend the liner to get access the bolt. Once that is remove then it is easy to wrap the roof. Took me 1 1/2 hour since I did it myself

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,096 Posts
Agree with most here - roof only and adding a back spoiler

Reactions: flatlandTLX
1 - 18 of 18 Posts