Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just recently purchased a 2016 4 cylinder tlx. Few days ago, I noticed a vibrating/rattling sound by the end passenger dash board (near the passenger window)or maybe door? I was reading some old discussions here before but their noise was coming from the seat belt buckle. Does anyone have an experience with this noise coming from the dash board or door? Any advice? Appreciate all responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two suggestions from my experience:

1. I had a rattle and I could have sworn it was coming from the passenger side. Long story short it was the sunglasses storage drawer (or sunglasses in the drawer).

2. If the sound is more of clicking noise check the passenger door striker (part attached to the frame). I had an issue on the driver's side. I could reproduce the sound with the door closed by pushing on the door from the outside and releasing it (very slightly and near the striker). Or with the door open grab the striker and tug on it a bit. If it clicks, you probably need to tighten the screws holding. I needed to tighten the driver's side top screw by maybe 1/8" of turn and the rattle was gone.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
Two suggestions from my experience:

1. I had a rattle and I could have sworn it was coming from the passenger side. Long story short it was the sunglasses storage drawer (or sunglasses in the drawer).
Yes, yes! I had the same exact thing. I thought the rattle was coming from the passenger side. Passengers thought it was coming from the driver's side. In the end it was just as you mentioned. The sunglasses in the storage compartment in the ceiling!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I will check the sunglasses holder and the sunglasses itself. I have a feeling that it might be it... But WOW!! That annoying sound travels from the center of the car to the side of the dash board. Lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have that same rattle also. :(

I guess it could be glasses in the holder but at the time I didn't think so since it sounded that it was over around the passenger door.

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
You need to empty the car of everything that is not attached or installed during the assembly of your vehicle. This includes the trunk too! Your dash cam!!?? Anything that wasn't in the car when it rolled off the assembly line.
Pick the road with the quality that produces the noise.
I 'drive' my wife nuts when i hear a noise in the car. It (the noise, not my wife!) bounces around off the windows and can lead you to a location that is solid! Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, yes! I had the same exact thing. I thought the rattle was coming from the passenger side. Passengers thought it was coming from the driver's side. In the end it was just as you mentioned. The sunglasses in the storage compartment in the ceiling!
You were correct! I took the glasses out and snap, no more rattle. :)

Thanks or I probably would still be looking.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
You were correct! I took the glasses out and snap, no more rattle. :)

Thanks or I probably would still be looking.
You're welcome! Amazing how you can be fooled into thinking you know where the sound is coming from. At one point I was convinced that I'd need to take it to the dealer and have them pull apart the dash and center console, so glad I didn't do that - might have caused additional noises as things never go back together exactly the same way as when they were first built.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm detecting some kind of rattle coming from the front driver/passenger area, no idea where, and I've checked the sunglasses area :( .

I can't figure it out, and it's a consistent rattle under light acceleration, which leads me to think it could be in/behind the dash ... This car man ... seriously...

(Can't pinpoint it to either side, but as I'm the only one in the car, I'm assuming it's closer to driver side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a rattle in my 2015 TLX elite. It’s not the sunglass area, it’s right inside where the airbag is. I’ve moved things around and it’s still there. Mostly highway driving. No clue as to what it could be....

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Not sure if your model has it... but the seat belt buckle on the passenger side can make noise and vibrate... I see in a 2019 loaner I had they solved it... perhaps in your issue its this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a rattle in my 2015 TLX elite. It’s not the sunglass area, it’s right inside where the airbag is. I’ve moved things around and it’s still there. Mostly highway driving. No clue as to what it could be....
Have you tried holding the bottom part of the a pillar covers? My rattles mostly came from those areas so I just pushed them in a little more and it's all good now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts