Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2019 the TLX's msrp starts at $33k, and it leases for c.$350 a month, which imho is the best value on an entry-level luxury car in the market today. Discuss....

·
Registered
62 Posts
It depends what you’re used to and what you value. Dollar for dollar, equipment wise, Acura is tough to beat. But for people that are used to Audi’s and BMW, they swear nothing else drives the same, and Acura doesn’t have the same panache. And to be clear, we’re talking entry level luxury, which limits the category significantly.

But I’m with you. I love bmw’s but not the repair costs. And I could no way afford a 6cyl bmw, and I didn’t want the turbo 4 banger. Going for a V6, the TLX was the clear winner in value.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The TLX is really tough to beat value wise. However, the way the V6 with the ZF9 drives cannot be compared to any Audi or BMW (which have a far superior driving experience).

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I know many don't like the Z9... but in my experience.... I enjoy it find it shifts smoothly and doesn't hunt. I know that I am in the minority.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know many don't like the Z9... but in my experience.... I enjoy it find it shifts smoothly and doesn't hunt. I know that I am in the minority.
I notice some sluggishness in traffic when I’m having to brake, and it downshifts, then trying to punch it again. Noticeable but not a big deal to me. In more normal driving conditions, it’s very smooth. Then again, I haven’t had a bmw or Audi to have that experience as a reference point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 2014 Audi A6 FWD with a 2L Turbo 4 and CVT and that transmission was terrible. When it was cold it would hesitate and in some cases not fully engage. Even my wife said something was wrong with it when she drove it, so I brought it to the dealer and he checked it and said it was working properly, which it did most of the time. The 2018 TLX V6 with A-Spec Front Drive is a much better driving and handling experience than the Audi, which would wander in any kind of a cross wind.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a 2014 Audi A6 FWD with a 2L Turbo 4 and CVT and that transmission was terrible. When it was cold it would hesitate and in some cases not fully engage. Even my wife said something was wrong with it when she drove it, so I brought it to the dealer and he checked it and said it was working properly, which it did most of the time. The 2018 TLX V6 with A-Spec Front Drive is a much better driving and handling experience than the Audi, which would wander in any kind of a cross wind.
You can't beat what you get for the money. So many complaints about the infotainment and it looks dated with the two screens. Funny how Infiniti is still going with the dual screen layout for their 2020s. Infotainment is fine in the TLX and the dual screen still works. Also with Android Auto and Apple Carplay it is up with the times. This car doesn't get enough praise as a sports sedan because of the FWD version. It handles nicely even in the heavier upfront V6 and at 110mph on the off road track I used, it was smooth as butter. You don't feel that you're doing 100 plus. Acceleration is great in highway situations when needed to merge or change lanes in a crowded area. The ZF9 while it's not the best transmission it does the job good enough. Once you start driving the car for several thousand miles you get into it and learn the peddle better. That's funny, there are two comments lately comparing to Audi and both posts mention how good Acura is when comparing. Acura is definitely the dark sheep in the luxury segment and I'm ok with it. The ones who drive them know how good they are. I think they're going to be louder as far as advertising and going with a more aggressive look with the newer designs coming. Acura may gain more respect in the coming years and be looked at as a true luxury sport oriented brand. They have always been but have been a little quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts