Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, my TLX came with Goodyear tires. Does Acura put goodyears on all TLXs or do some people get Michelins or some other brand. Just curious. Bobbo1234

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was just wondering, my TLX came with Goodyear tires. Does Acura put goodyears on all TLXs or do some people get Michelins or some other brand. Just curious. Bobbo1234
I only have listings for Canada from Acura.

17 inch get Goodyear.
18 inch get either Goodyear or Bridgestone

No Michelin option from the factory.

·
Registered
33 Posts
One of the big disappointments about the car. It's a sport sedan and even my TSX's had better rubber from factory. I got launch kit so it had Michelin pilot super sports. That is tires it should have!

·
Registered
144 Posts
In the U.S. the 4 cyl and V6 AWD have Goodyear. The V6 FWD have Bridgestone.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think every car Ive ever owned had some generic all-season tires on it. Civic had junk Michelins, Mini had Conti runflats, Veloster had Kumhos. Only my Genesis came with performance tires. The option of better tires from the dealer would be great, but they would be very over priced.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
High performance tires would be great to have for us enthusiasts, but the common folk would complain that they are loud, wear out fast and cant be used in the winter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do not agree. Look at any other sport sedan and see what OEM riubber they put on. If you want generic all seasons then an accord will work. This is a high end luxury sport sedan, put the right tires on it. Like I said, my last 2 TSX's had decent michelins and you needed to swap to winters anyway so get rid of the crap all seasons. My 2cents

·
Registered
681 Posts
I asked the dealer for tire credit for them to keep my Goodyears and I would buy something else. They wouldn't do it.
Same here. 100km and they claim them as used, wouldn't even discuss the upgrade. Going to have to deal with this in a couple of weeks when i get around to swapping the winters...

I do not agree. Look at any other sport sedan and see what OEM riubber they put on. If you want generic all seasons then an accord will work. This is a high end luxury sport sedan, put the right tires on it. Like I said, my last 2 TSX's had decent michelins and you needed to swap to winters anyway so get rid of the crap all seasons. My 2cents
Agreed, my 2008 TL Type S had great performing Michelins as stock. I added winters later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was able to get 100 each before delivery (Oakville, Ontario)
I did not really try to negotiate the number as I had already signed a deal the day before. The Michelin Sport AS/3's are really an improvement. No spin out at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire size

Any issue with replacing the stock 225/50/18 Goodyear LS-2 tires (poor) with 235/50/18 tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 or Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring) on my TLX SH-AWD?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ride height will increase by 0.2", no issue there. The speedometer with be off by -1.4%, so at true 60 mph it will be reading 59.2 mph, again not an issue. When those tires are worn and nearing replacement they will be almost the same as a new set of OEM's as far as ride height and speedometer settings are concerned.

The wider tires will cost you a bit more and it is doubtful that you will be able to tell the difference in a blind test between them and the original size. There will be bigger difference with a good performing summer tire than the stock ones. But if that is what you want then go for it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Any issue with replacing the stock 225/50/18 Goodyear LS-2 tires (poor) with 235/50/18 tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 or Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring) on my TLX SH-AWD?
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post.

When you get a chance, please introduce yourself and tells us about your TLX experiences.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone:

I am new to the TLX forum. I have new 2015 TLX - SHAD with Tech. Pkg. Reside in Northern NJ.

I would like to upgrade to an All Season UHP tire from the OEM's.

I was wondering if Tom T. replaced his stock tires per his previous post. See below.

I would love to go to a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 since I drive in snow. Hopefully, the sidewalls have been firmed up a bit from the previous DWS as the soft sidewalls seemed to be a recurring criticism.

I'm a bit apprehensive of changing the tire size. I presume the car is specifically engineered for a particularly sized tire and a precise fit on the OEM 18" wheels. I am most concerned that Acura would not honor a warranty claim on any future suspension issue because I modified the vehicle.

Any idea if the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 will be offered in 225/50/18 ?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello Everyone:

I am new to the TLX forum. I have new 2015 TLX - SHAD with Tech. Pkg. Reside in Northern NJ.

I would like to upgrade to an All Season UHP tire from the OEM's.

I was wondering if Tom T. replaced his stock tires per his previous post. See below.

I would love to go to a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 since I drive in snow. Hopefully, the sidewalls have been firmed up a bit from the previous DWS as the soft sidewalls seemed to be a recurring criticism.

I'm a bit apprehensive of changing the tire size. I presume the car is specifically engineered for a particularly sized tire and a precise fit on the OEM 18" wheels. I am most concerned that Acura would not honor a warranty claim on any future suspension issue because I modified the vehicle.

Any idea if the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 will be offered in 225/50/18 ?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post. :)

When you get a chance, tells us more about yourself and your TLX experiences.

Please feel free to use the EDIT button to make any changes to your post. We all make mistakes. Sometime we also realize we wanted to say more or adjust what we said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome.

My '15 TLX is my 5th TL-TLX. Lease 'em for 3 years, and then pick a new one. Best value on 4 wheels.

I replaced the stock Bridgestone Turanzas on all of my previous TL's. with Pirellis, Bridgestone Poetnzas, Conti DWS and Michelins, respectively.

Leaning towards the Conti DWS for my TLX because I occasionally drive in snow.

I would like to improve handling ,but do not want to sacrifice too much comfort or noise. The roads in NJ/NY can be pretty harsh. Contis seem to be best compromise in a All Season UHP.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts