Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2021 ASpec shawd used ( a dealers loaner) 3 months ago and the Michelin tires it came with were pumped to 51 PSI. This seemed high to me and did not match what was on the door sticker but the tire did say 51 was the max PSI, since I had other concerns at the time I wasnt too worried. The more i think about this the more something dosent seem right. Now they are sitting cold at 43 PSI. What does every one else have as their PSI.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance
28 Posts
I purchased my 2021 ASpec shawd used ( a dealers loaner) 3 months ago and the Michelin tires it came with were pumped to 51 PSI. This seemed high to me and did not match what was on the door sticker but the tire did say 51 was the max PSI, since I had other concerns at the time I wasnt too worried. The more i think about this the more something dosent seem right. Now they are sitting cold at 43 PSI. What does every one else have as their PSI.
Mine are probably around 31-32 cold. Usually read about 33-34 after driving around.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
323 Posts
FWIW, my tires were overinflated when I checked them. It seems like mine were in the mid 40's though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have mine set at 35 psi.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,100 Posts
For all the hoopla about Nitrogen, I do find that heat alone will impact psi more.
Check the door detail for proper inflation. I do like the air-assist feature in the TLX. I have to look it up to make sure I get it right. I do like is when all tires are within 1-2 psi (cold). When they warm up, their difference is more visible.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pumping tires up to the tires max pressure is just plain wrong and dangerous. When on the road the tires heat up and will exceed the max pressure, causing a dangerous situation.
Never follow the tire inflation max, always the car mfg. door sill pressure.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TLX Type S, 355 hp, twin turbo, curb weight 4221 lbs a little heavy
114 Posts
Agreed don't follow the tyre, it just mean can't go more than that. Follow the door sticker always, when you move the tyre will expand, if the dealer pump to that high, it can cause you an accident in the middle of the highway and you don't want that happen anywhere, I will reduce it or back to the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased a new set of Contentinal Pure Contact LS. 245/40R19. There was only a few Michelin primary MXM4 available. When I left the dealer they we all set at 42 psi, I thought this was unusual so I called back to verify. Thet guy apologized and said they must have been set wrong.
I set the all 35 psi the next morning.
After thinking about it a little.... the tires were just shipped in that day and had been on a hot truck so possibly could have been part of the reason they were reading so high. Qhen I leave work they are close to 38psi.
Hot 🔥 summers in Alabama
G

·
Super Moderator
114 Posts
I just purchased a new set of Contentinal Pure Contact LS. 245/40R19. There was only a few Michelin primary MXM4 available. When I left the dealer they we all set at 42 psi, I thought this was unusual so I called back to verify. Thet guy apologized and said they must have been set wrong.
I set the all 35 psi the next morning.
After thinking about it a little.... the tires were just shipped in that day and had been on a hot truck so possibly could have been part of the reason they were reading so high. Qhen I leave work they are close to 38psi.
Hot 🔥 summers in Alabama
G
I see. How do you like your Continental Tyre, I always prefer them to Michelin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am a MICHELIN guy as well and have been for years. Ia haven't had there tires long enough to have a good opinion..saying that.... the manager at the store said he thought the continental were better tire, after I couldn't get the Michelin. Another friend of mine is a manager at discount tire store and thought the continental were better as well
His top 3 for my car i ask him this last year.
Yokohama Avid Ascend GT
Continental Pure Contact LS
Michelin primary MXM4.

I was shocked when I went back and read that.
G

The first few hundred miles, I am very impressed!!

·
Super Moderator
114 Posts
All my cars are using Continental Tyre Extreme Contact, they are quite and there is a sign on each tyre DWS to let you know when the marking started to fate then is time to replace them, I love them and will recommend to anyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts