Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1,400 miles of happy motoring in our TLX and everything works very well with one exception. I think the tire pressure monitors are reading low. My wife told me that on a very cold day she noticed the pressures were all of a sudden, 30 to 31 psi instead of 33 to 34 or so. I explained that colder weather will make tires do that just like driving at freeway speeds or hot weather will raise it. Just to be sure I checked all tires in the morning with a digital and a mechanical gauge. I took note of the pressures and added a few lbs to each. 34 rear and 35 front. Then I started the car and read the TPS readings on the dash. They were about 2 to 2 1/2 psi lower than my gauges. So either my two gauges are reading high or the TLX is reading low. Not a bid deal, just something to keep in mind as the temperature here in Denver changes. And it really does here. We get snow one day and it can be 70 the next. Next I'll find a quality gauge and see what it says.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I do not think the TPMS has instant feedback. It may take a minute to register and provide an updated reading. Do some testing and see if you get any different results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts