Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
To go a bit deeper into the technology, there is a receiver in each wheel well that picks up the signal from the TPMS sensor. In many models this receiver also sends an "off" signal to the sensor when the car is turned off and an "on" signal when it has been started so that the TPMS can save battery power.

When a tire needs to be patched, the recommended procedure is to unscrew the exterior collar of the TPMS sensor and allow the unit to drop into the tire to prevent it from being damaged when the tire is removed from the wheel. A replacement TPMS kit consisting of the o-ring, washer, and collar should be used when the TPMS is refitted. Cost is about $4.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Neat technology.

On my TSX, I never worried about the TPMS when I changed tires. I don't think most tire places have a TPMS since it is a non-dealer. I guess you carry spares? :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
No spare TPMS kit and no spare tire in my trunk. Hope that I will be able to use an Acura dealer if I ever need a tire repaired.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No spare TPMS kit and no spare tire in my trunk. Hope that I will be able to use an Acura dealer if I ever need a tire repaired.
Does my Acura spare tire have a TPMS in it? I understand that the spare is to be used sparingly. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.