Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some cool info about putting air the tires. I remember seeing a Honda commercial about this feature but I did not know it made its way to the TLX. I have not validated this fact.

Your vehicle gives you visual and audible alerts to help you adjust the tire pressure to its appropriate level. For your reference, the proper tire pressure levels are located on a label on the driver’s doorjamb.

1. Stop your vehicle with the tire that needs to be filled nearest to a tire air fill hose. Shift into Park (P). Turn the vehicle off.

2. Turn the vehicle on. The assist system is activated for 5 minutes.

3. Attach the air hose to the valve stem, and begin to fill the tire.

While inflating: The system beeps and the hazard lights flash once every 5
seconds as tire pressure changes while below the correct pressure.

When the correct pressure is reached: The system beeps and the hazard lights flash continuously for 5 seconds. Stop filling the tire.

If you over inflate: The system beeps and the hazard lights flash twice every 5 seconds.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) | 2015 Acura TLX | Acura Owners Site

·
Registered
438 Posts
i was hoping that you do not need to actually start the vehicle and waste gas for tire assist to work. will turning the car into accessory mode be sufficient?

also, people say that if you over inflate the recommended psi by 10% (but not going over the max psi imprinted on the tire which is usually 50psi so we have lots of room) you tend to get better gas mileage at the expense of a slightly bumpier ride. has anyone tried that?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know if you have to actually start the engine, or is it enough just to put the car into ON mode (pressing the start button twice with the foot off the brakes).

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is the actual pressure when: The system beeps and the hazard lights flash continuously for 5 seconds.
I'm assuming 32psi colds since that's what is listed on the door jamb, but I'll be testing it to be sure with a tire pressure gauge this weekend when I get some time to play around with it a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
What is the actual pressure when: The system beeps and the hazard lights flash continuously for 5 seconds.
Page 508 in the owners manual says that the system will do this at recommended pressure. I would agree that since the door jamb says 32psi, it should be that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone know if you have to actually start the engine, or is it enough just to put the car into ON mode (pressing the start button twice with the foot off the brakes).
Exactly. Turn the car off, then without your foot on the brake, hit power button twice. Have done it twice in the last two weeks due,to falling temps. Works great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Page 508 in the owners manual says that the system will do this at recommended pressure. I would agree that since the door jamb says 32psi, it should be that.
I can confirm, that mine is set to 32 psi.
I've been trying to get all 4 (yeah I know it's impossible but my OCD sucks) at the same psi since it's cooling off.

I have also noticed the system will also work while the engine is running. I use my inflating kit in my attempts, which I prefer to plug in while the engine is running.

I also have a digital pressure indicator, and I've found the TPMS pressures displayed to be pretty accurate. Always rounding to nearest whole psi.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
651 Posts
I have seen cold-to-hot readings change by up to 5-7 psi. I think under-pressure is really the issue with tire pressure. If course high over-pressure can be a concern to. So the sweet spot is my target (32-36).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have seen cold-to-hot readings change by up to 5-7 psi. I think under-pressure is really the issue with tire pressure. If course high over-pressure can be a concern to. So the sweet spot is my target (32-36).
Does your system do the lights flashing and tone when filling the tire? Mine didn't seem to work the first time I used it yesterday. I turned the car on and tried, and also shut it off and used accessory and no luck. I also noticed that the cars system is off by about 1psi from my gauge.

·
651 Posts
Yes, mine works as described in the manual. Make sure the car is in the correct state.
Sorry for the misspelling in my original post. ("If" should have been "Of" in last sentence)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts