Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
Nice work. did you do it or have it done?

I am surprised that New York allows that dark of a tint on the windshield.

Here we can do that on the side windows and the back but not the windshield.

·
Registered
2021 TLX FWD ADVANCE Red/ Black White
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lol. Not so legal but I’m not worried bout it. I’ve been pulled over a total of 4 times in 6 years for tints. I tell them I work in a hospital and it gets me by. I took it to a spot called T REXX auto sound In the BX

·
Registered
102 Posts
NY doesnt allow for tint, hardly at all. 70% . Yearly inspections are also required to verify. Way too much hassle to take the chance. IF you get a ticket, you have to get it verified.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NY doesnt allow for tint, hardly at all. 70% . Yearly inspections are also required to verify. Way too much hassle to take the chance. IF you get a ticket, you have to get it verified.
Being that it’s a new car I won’t have to worry bout the inspection for a while and it’s only 40 bucks for the Dominicans down the block to pass it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is that the XPEL XR Black? Do you mind saying the cost and how much cooler your car is? I’m sort of stuck between the Suntek Evolve or XPEL XR Plus. I’ve spoke to a shop in westchester Lorenzo tints does great work but I’m not sure which is the better option. He’s also told me the XR Plus isn’t available in the northeast, not a high demand and it would cost an extra 200. Hard to compare tints apple to apples according to the spec sheet below it looks like XPEL is better but what’s the longevity like in terms of fading? The locals around me are all Suntek heads and I know it’s great same as XPEL they’re both great options just comes down to what’s the better deal for the prices

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that the XPEL XR Black? Do you mind saying the cost and how much cooler your car is? I’m sort of stuck between the Suntek Evolve or XPEL XR Plus. I’ve spoke to a shop in westchester Lorenzo tints does great work but I’m not sure which is the better option. He’s also told me the XR Plus isn’t available in the northeast, not a high demand and it would cost an extra 200. Hard to compare tints apple to apples according to the spec sheet below it looks like XPEL is better but what’s the longevity like in terms of fading? The locals around me are all Suntek heads and I know it’s great same as XPEL they’re both great options just comes down to what’s the better deal for the prices

[/QUOTE]

Not sure about how much cooler the windshield makes the inside hasn’t been that hot in NYC yet. I paid 280 for the car and another 190 for the windshield. Good jobs ain’t cheap and cheap jobs aren’t good.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Not sure about how much cooler the windshield makes the inside hasn’t been that hot in NYC yet. I paid 280 for the car and another 190 for the windshield. Good jobs ain’t cheap and cheap jobs aren’t good.
[/QUOTE]

Is it tough to see in the night & how is the glare reduction? I averaged bout 500 for the tints anyway, you’re right though get it done once by the right people

1 - 9 of 9 Posts