Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The new car market right now is like nothing I’ve ever seen cause of the pandemic-induced chip shortage. I wouldn’t suggest anyone go out right now to buy a new car. That said, I’ve been obsessing over owning one of these cars since they were announced. So much so that I sold my 7k miles 2020 Mazda 6 Signature and then flew from Texas to Florida yesterday to snag this one which I was shocked to find was NOT their demo model. 270 miles later and going onto a truck tomorrow for the 1000 mile trip home to Texas, I’m extremely happy with it!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Congratulations! 😀

So why didn't you drive it home?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! 😀

So why didn't you drive it home?
Thanks! This car is going to be my daily driver so I don’t want to put an extra thousand miles on it right off the bat. Also have to be at work in the morning so it’s fast to fly home and have it shipped rather than drive 20 hours.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Well I sure do understand about flying home for work the next morning.

I am a little surprised that you took care of the shipment that fast.

When you get home we will expect more pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I sure do understand about flying home for work the next morning.

I am a little surprised that you took care of the shipment that fast.

When you get home we will expect more pictures.
Will do, after i get the side spoilers put on I will.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@cataclysmic412 How much was it? what was the total? any info helps. thank you
It was exact MSRP plus 5k dealer mark-up which every Acura dealer is doing (if not marking it up even higher) due to its limited production. Acura just dropped the total production number for 2021 to boot from 2000 units to 1700. I despise paying a dealer mark-up but I was caught in a bad spot where I needed a car and couldn't find anything else between the BMW M340i and Cadillac CT5V that was spec'd out how I wanted it on any dealer lots and I can't wait 6 months (due to the chip shortage) for an ordered unit to come in.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
29 Posts
It was exact MSRP plus 5k dealer mark-up which every Acura dealer is doing (if not marking it up even higher) due to its limited production. Acura just dropped the total production number for 2021 to boot from 2000 units to 1700. I despise paying a dealer mark-up but I was caught in a bad spot where I needed a car and couldn't find anything else between the BMW M340i and Cadillac CT5V that was spec'd out how I wanted it on any dealer lots and I can't wait 6 months (due to the chip shortage) for an ordered unit to come in.
Congrats in your new car, I did got mine and paid sticker plus Title, registration etc like $800 total, but mine was special order. They do mark up vehicles they have in stock, or add and overprice accessories.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,096 Posts
Hello all,

The new car market right now is like nothing I’ve ever seen cause of the pandemic-induced chip shortage. I wouldn’t suggest anyone go out right now to buy a new car. That said, I’ve been obsessing over owning one of these cars since they were announced. So much so that I sold my 7k miles 2020 Mazda 6 Signature and then flew from Texas to Florida yesterday to snag this one which I was shocked to find was NOT their demo model. 270 miles later and going onto a truck tomorrow for the 1000 mile trip home to Texas, I’m extremely happy with it!
Congrats on your Type S! Love the color - your car looks super sharp. I'm jealous!

·
Registered
28 Posts
@cataclysmic412 How much was it? what was the total? any info helps. thank you
I got my Type S with 3 miles on it. I was the 1st customer to place a deposit in March 2021. So as soon as the car was made and delivered I took possession after they installed my 2 options (illuminated door sills & welcome lights). I got it for $60k. MRSP + options($1100) + 6% taxes + $500 process fee + tags + aquisition fee.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts