Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have 2015 Acura TLX AWD. It started making a thud sound, when I start driving the car, after reversing the car initially. It may also probably be coinciding with me turning the wheel too. After it makes that initial thud sound (which happens after few feet of driving), it does not make a sound anymore most of the times for the rest of the driving. However, sometimes, it also makes sound once or twice, when I come to a complete stop or when I turn etc. also. The thud sound (sounds like one metal has hit another metal, or something like that) comes from the engine portion on the passenger side or so.

It started happening for past few weeks. One thing to probably note is that, prior to that, I might have a made a mistake few times, by switching the gear to drive before coming to a complete stop, while the car is still moving backwards. I stopped doing it (i.e. now I shift to drive after coming to a complete stop only), but I don't know if that has anything to do with the above problem.

Does anyone know what this is, and what the issue is? Appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Part of your description sounded like what I heard when I had a bad ball joint. May want to have it checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts