Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the car is idle and in park, the RPMs will jump from a "normal" 800 or so, up to 1,500, and then throttle back down to 800. For no reason. I'm not even touching the gas pedal.

Also, when driving and coming to a stop, the throttle will also "race" as the car downshifts. It's almost as if you're stepping on the gas while braking. I know that the RPMs adjust as the car downshifts, but you can definitely feel the car almost "fighting" itself by accelerating and braking at the same time. Very weird, and disconcerting.

Finally, when you just start out and take your foot off the brake, the car will accelerate to about 10 mph, and even change into second gear - without even touching the gas pedal.

This is not normal. Anyone else have this issue? V6 awd advance

·
Registered
681 Posts
No issues on my end. Sounds like there is an adjustment problem though.

Are you due for sny firmware updates? Or a faulty sensor somewhere...

Does it happen on cold or warm engine, or both? What IDS setting?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Sounds like a visit to the dealer is in order.

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did anyone ever find a fix for this? It also just started happeneing to my 2015 SH-AWD about a week ago. It’s going to the dealer on Wednesday but I’d like to know if there’s something specific to ask them to check.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Did anyone ever find a fix for this? It also just started happeneing to my 2015 SH-AWD about a week ago. It’s going to the dealer on Wednesday but I’d like to know if there’s something specific to ask them to check.
Is yours reving when parked, or is it reving when driving and coming to a stop? The latter may be something that has been being addressed with software updates. If it’s reving while parked, I would say that’s not normal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is yours reving when parked, or is it reving when driving and coming to a stop? The latter may be something that has been being addressed with software updates. If it’s reving while parked, I would say that’s not normal.
While parked, while in Drive but not touching the accelerator, and while braking when coming to a stop. It was checked for updates at the dealership about 2 months ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts