Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Had the car for 3 months today. Drove the TLX off the lot on 9/12.

Minus the one issue that was resolved in week 4, I have been problem free. I guess I was lucky and received a good transmission. I will have them check out the circulation vent for a possible issue, but that's it.

I will surpass 4,900 miles on the way home. Oil is at 40%. Car needs a wash. On the next oil change I will ask for the ELS/HFL/NAV update for the extra options like cross-traffic beeps and extra buttons on my ELS.

I read somewhere that a few people wipe down the engine bay when they check the oil. Gee, I haven't even popped the hood yet.

With all of the sad stories about faulty transmissions, I hope there are others that are cruising along fine. I would hate to be the only one totally enjoying my TLX. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Beginning of September for me but oil life is still at 70%. I had a battery problem, and it was replaced, but other than that I am cruising along just fine and totally enjoying the car with no regrets. I am hoping that the navigation update will correct a few situations where it does not seem to know about highway on-ramps that have been in existence for over 10 years, but I can live with that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not too surprised about the battery issue, it happens, even some aftermarket batteries from high end brands fail not long after first use, defective batteries happen.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am hoping that the navigation update will correct a few situations where it does not seem to know about highway on-ramps that have been in existence for over 10 years, but I can live with that.
I refuse to rant again in December on why cars need to embrace GPS tech etc from our phones. Instant map update, real time traffic, free, ...nope, no more ranting from me.

Until i get my car in 72 hours
:D:

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
666 Posts
About 4,500 km or 2,800 miles. So guessing first oil change will be about 12,000 km or 1 year from now for me. So Acura is getting a deal out of me for free services for the first 2 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.