Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the positive points in the review, but he stated that the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine is underpowered. He also said the engine makes a thrashy sound and is implemented better in other Acura models like the ILX. He also criticized the GPS saying that it's the same as the Honda Fit (Honda's lowest model).

I don't care about having the fastest engine; otherwise, I would buy a car with a V6 engine. Everyone knows what a Honda engine sounds like, and as long as the GPS doesn't send me down a ditch, I'm okay with it.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
We had a lot of snow last year and the TLX was amazing in the snow. Not once did I feel I was going to get stuck. A good set of winter tires help as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
IMHO I don't think the TLX's AWD will help much in the snow due its short ground clearance... it does help tremendously for quick starts to keep the rubber to pavement.
Wrong. Awd cars with winter's on are typically awesome in snow. My mazdaspeed 6 awd was a beast and lower then the tlx. This will be my first winter with the tlx and it'll be riding on Nokians hakka 8 studs so we shall see. I have had other awd cars in the winter and with the exception of very rare huge snow falls I'll take the awd car over an suv any day because of better control and lower center of gravity... add a manual transmission and I'm in love. Trucks are typically horrible in snow unless you have lots of weight in the back and winter tires are a must, you have to crawl in a truck as they don't like to turn or stop. Deep snow trucks win. I live in snow 6 months a year. Supposed to get flurries tonight. Sadly a topic I know all too well. 23 yrs driving in the crap.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts