Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or should it be termed shear laziness?

So lets take our most uninspiring vehicle as the basis for inspiration on our most important vehicle!

·
Registered
228 Posts
It doesn't seem like it would take very long to go from one to the other. You have to wonder what they have been doing all this time. They certainly weren't spending that time creating an innovative vehicle design. I'm also curious once the concept or prototype turns to a production vehicle if the minuscule amount of excitement that is there will be eliminated. I wouldn't be surprised if the production version looks almost identical to the old TL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Or should it be termed shear laziness?

So lets take our most uninspiring vehicle as the basis for inspiration on our most important vehicle!
I see what your talking about. the body lines on the side even looks alike and the tail lights. It took them a while to uncover the TLX but why? its just the same thing as everything else they have. I mean the engines and drivetrain is pretty much the RLX but just waterdowned. Exterior from the ILX. so how mcuh time did Acura really spend on making the TLX. Please... dont make me laugh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
acura is pretty much known for staying safe and sticking with what works, but is that really a bad thing? I agree that they should have taken some risk and go a bit wilder.

·
Registered
727 Posts
there are some shared design cues but it's still far off enough. enough that it's very easy to tell the two apart even for someone unfamiliar with vehicles from Acura.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts