Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the daily news and I spotted this picture of the 2015 Acura TLX production line...

I would like one in Basque Red Pearl II please.

:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, just saw the article on Autoblog!

The Honda facility in Marysville, just south of Columbus, also produces the Accord sedan and coupe for local consumption and export. With over 30 years since its founding, the factory has previously handled production of the Acura TL and RDX as well as the company's Gold Wing motorcycles.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here are some extra photos of the TLX production in Ohio.

Another interesting point is that with the start of production of the TLX, Acura is building all of its cars in the US except for the Japanese-made RLX sedan. Even the NSX will be built in the US once it finally goes into production.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another interesting point is that with the start of production of the TLX, Acura is building all of its cars in the US except for the Japanese-made RLX sedan. Even the NSX will be built in the US once it finally goes into production.
Which is a very good thing. Manufacturing the cars in Japan while North America was by far its biggest market was one of the main reasons Acura became uncompetitive. Cost of transportation and currency exchange were strong headwind to the brand's competitiveness.

As much as I love "made in Japan" Acuras (such as my '05 TSX), it doesn't make any sense anymore.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car does look to sit pretty low (I've noticed that on all pictures with a person standing next to it). Nice!
Wow! You are right. I never noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts