Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys -- now a proud owner of a TLX 2.4 w/ Tech.

I need a little help with how the ANC works and I hope this is the right spot since I cannot find an active thread on this.

My experience is that when I am driving on the highway, say 45mph or more, I notice an airy, echo-y type of sound whenever I am approaching other cars or when cars pass me, like there is a feint synthetic sound being dispersed from the front speakers and dash speaker. All of this is with the sound system OFF.

Is this the ANC? My TLX is really quiet, just confused on what this sound is....

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Anc

Hi guys -- now a proud owner of a TLX 2.4 w/ Tech.

I need a little help with how the ANC works and I hope this is the right spot since I cannot find an active thread on this.

My experience is that when I am driving on the highway, say 45mph or more, I notice an airy, echo-y type of sound whenever I am approaching other cars or when cars pass me, like there is a feint synthetic sound being dispersed from the front speakers and dash speaker. All of this is with the sound system OFF.

Is this the ANC? My TLX is really quiet, just confused on what this sound is....
Congratulations!

Just like unleaded vs. premium, everyone has an opinion on ANC.

In order to reduce the reposting of the multiple threads, check out this link...

Acura TLX Forum - Search Results for ANC

I created it using the SEARCH button on the right of the page.

Hopefully this will give you plenty to read up on. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks -- Yes, I had read the ELC/ANC radio deal and the turning off of the ANC to improve radio performance prior to posting that, but nothing that explains how the ANC works in layman's terms. I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Here's a really good article that I found over at the MDX forums which explains the ANC and how it works. It's a bit older but the principal is the same.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/attach...9d1265836439-noise-canceling-interior-anc.pdf

If yours seems to be causing strange noises I might suggest taking another one for a drive to see if it does the same or if it's specific to yours. I can't say that I've noticed any strange or excessive noise from mine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That helps for sure. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts