Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, finally took the plunge yesterday– we are getting the Graphite LM I4 Tech! Signed the papers yesterday, should get the car soon (the one they had in the system/depot and we were hoping for got sold by another salesman while we were test driving and negotiating our deal…..need to wait a bit longer now)
As I mentioned in my previous posts, I really liked both models but felt I preferred the V6 Tech one (so did my wife) so after the last two agonizing weeks of reading every review available on the Internet I convinced her to go for another, but extended road test of both models, side by side. We told the dealer we will be buying the car on this very day but needed extra time to test both models. They agreed to that "extra time" statement and we first took the V6 one and then the I4. Drove in heavy traffic, on the highway, city streets, about 45 minutes in each model. Took turns with my wife at the wheel so she could really have a chance to see (or not) the difference herself. This time we didn't care about anything but the driving impression (radio off, no chatting. no pressing buttons, etc). After a few minutes in the I4 she was telling me that this is what she really liked. I was sold on the I4 quickly as well. I think it does feel lighter and it is perfectly balanced with the I4/8AT. Driving in the city traffic felt easier with the I4, too (this is what we mostly will need it for as for extended trips we take our crossover AWD). The gear selection thing in the V6 was a bit more challenging this time, somehow, and we were both happy to again use the stick in I4
Want to thank you all for your input and sharing your experiences; it was extremely valuable in the decision making process. I am not in position to replace cars every year or so and wanted to make sure if I spend my hard earned money we will be happy every time we even think about our TLX :)
One thing I noticed in the buying process…. I think TLX will have good sales numbers for September and although it was the last week of the month I met a strong resistance from the sales folks for meeting me with my numbers easy. I think as the TLX makes its way through the market and the numbers are there, it will be more difficult to negotiate some sort of a “super deal”.

·
Registered
438 Posts
hi, J233, congrats on your purchase. but just out of curiosity, where are you located?

the only reason i am asking is i am also planning to get a TLX but would like to know your location if you say that its hard to get a deal, so i can be prepared if i do take the plunge and negotiate, thanks

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Congratulations! Im glad that it worked out for you, and that this forum was able to help. Awesome, can't wait till we see some pics!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations! Im glad that it worked out for you, and that this forum was able to help. Awesome, can't wait till we see some pics!
THx ELITE2013, yes, this forum is really great. I felt at times that I knew more about TLX than the salespeople I was dealing with.
Will post the picture as soon as I get the puppy :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats. Were you able to talk your wife into any accessory purchases as well?
Hahaha, you got me with this one !. Well, we decided to get floor mats, trunk tray; wheel locks were "almost" mandatory and this is basically it. The "boss" would not approve the launch kit but that's OK as this is not smth I am dying for anyway :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi, J233, congrats on your purchase. but just out of curiosity, where are you located?

the only reason i am asking is i am also planning to get a TLX but would like to know your location if you say that its hard to get a deal, so i can be prepared if i do take the plunge and negotiate, thanks
Thx r.johnson. I am in the GTA area, check your inbox for a private message from me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations and good luck with the car.

Waiting is the hardest part. :)
Thx Summest ! You are absolutely right as we are already "itchy" and on top of that, I sold my previous car on the same day we bought our TLX so we are down to one car and this is going to be a painful wait.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts