Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter De Lorenzo from autoline after hours offers his take on the TLX in his weekly piece...

The Acura TLX is supposed to be Acura’s Next Big Thing, but we were not amused. In fact, let’s face it, no one underwhelms like Acura underwhelms. It’s truly become their thing. At least they had a racing version of the car there to distract from the fact that the production car was instantly forgettable.
A kaleidoscope of the pretty good, the really bad and the just plain ugly. Plus a special Bunny Rabbit Express to Nowhere thrown in for good measure. Welcome to The Land of Overpromise and Underdeliver, otherwise known as the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah that is so true. I caught a glimpse of the reveal and man that guy was just a stand up comic. He didnt even realize the talent that he has...

I heard crickets, the race version was just a smoke screen to cover what seems to be yet another failure. Hoorah Acura!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I can't argue with them that the TLX is easily forgettable. at the end of the day I see it as a really cool commuter, with luxury, power, and simplicity.
Acura has failed to deliver, still did better than they did in the past.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lorenzo is known for being pretty critical and negative.

The TLX has likely dissapointed some but its also a nice upgrade over the old one. Which is enough to get fans to go for it. Its not bad but I might pass on it. Really wanted a 6MT.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just still cant believe that the DCT cant be had with the V6 or AWD....

whats funny is i heard on another forum that the DCT actually can;t handle the power of the V6, in that case WHY DID YOU BUILD IT LIKE THAT.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea its not bad all blacked out. but still no DCT with the AWD is going to make it a tough sell for me. Won;t write it off until i can at least get some seat time in the metal...

·
Registered
339 Posts
After seeing that pic, its easily my next car. Just need to paint all the gansta chrome and it looks clean and nice.
I don't like how the bottom of the bumper sticks out near the corners

reminds me of the TSX which I really don't like that much. At least the 09+

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't like how the bottom of the bumper sticks out near the corners

reminds me of the TSX which I really don't like that much. At least the 09+
I see what you mean, to me it doesn't look that bad, in black it should hide that part more it just blend it in to not make it as noticeable.
Hopefully the production model has that area toned down.

·
Registered
339 Posts
when you stand up and look down on the front end you see it

the corners stick out where as the center dips in

which i've never liked on any car

I've always thought the center of a car near the front should stick out a bit.

unless u can pull it off with the grill.. like what BMW does

u see the pointy part of the lip? i don't really like how that looks for some reason. it just doesnt work with the rest of the car

its pointy on the tlx as well.. like too pointy...almost looks like fangs

they carry it over from the older acuras but it looked better on the older acuras.. they overdid it on the new designs. kind of bothers me.

see it is pointy here but it doesnt look as much like fangs. and seems to be more natural.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.