Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TLX A-Spec
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change my stock chrome 2020 TLX badging (A-Spec, TLX, and the Acura center emblem) to all dark chrome. I can't find the TLX and A-Spec black chrome version, but since acura didn't seem to every make one specifically for my 2020 TLX I was wondering if the same exact emblem was used on something like the RDX pr MDX in which I could purchase a black chrome version of.

Appreciate any assistance!

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Could you remove your badging, "dark chrome" it and then reapply them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did what you propose on my 2019, which is similar. I wanted the result to appear as "OEM" as possible, and wanted them to be as durable as OE. I've seen people who painted them, but that was more trouble than I wanted to go to.

What I did in the end was to use parts on the internet. I used A-spec badges from the 2021 which come in smoked chrome. They're little bigger, but not noticeable on the car. The come in a set of three. I also found the smoked TLX on the web.

The "A" badge was the toughest solution. I brought the other badges to my detailer to install, and didn't have a solution to the A badge. I had picked up a chrome one with the intention of painting it. My detailer said he couldn't paint it black chrome and have it last, but could do gloss black. So that's what I did.

I have a thread on here about "stealthing" my TLX that has pics. It's a subtle change, but I'm pleased with the result. Especially with the grey paint on mine.

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
415 Posts
Shortly after I bought the car in early 2020, I wrapped my emblems with light smoke vinyl. To date, the rear has held up 100%. The front may need redone down the line, as an edge has started to lift. This was my first attempt at vinyl wrapping, though. I'll do better the next go around.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts