Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura revealed its brand new 2015 TLX sedan today at the Detroit Auto Show. The car is technically a concept, but the car is a thinly veiled version of the production model in actuality.

The TLX replaces both the TL and the TSX sedans in the Acura line-up. It fits in between the ILX and RLX as far as size goes.

The TLX comes with either an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission or a nine-speed automatic.

The TLX will also be available with two different engines and with either front of all-wheel drive. The two engines are a 2.4-liter four-cylinder and a 3.5-liter V6. The former has the 8-speed transmission while the latter has the 9-speed transmission.

Acura is also claiming that the TLX will have class leading fuel economy. This should be thanks to the multi-geared transmissions being offered.

A first for Acura is the Integrated Dynamics System. This system will deliver four driving models to better customize the drive: ECON, Normal, Sport and Sport Plus. Each drive mode adjusts the settings for electric power steering, throttle response, SH-AWD and P-AWS control logic, transmission shift timing and the Active Noise Control setting.

Safety features include: collision mitigating braking system, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, lane keeping assist, a blind spot indicator and adaptive cruise control with a low-speed function.

The production TLX could debut as early as the Chicago Auto Show next month, and is expected to be on sale for the 2015 model year.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Overall my first impression is positive. Love the look from the back and sides, but wish that they had gotten rid of the mini-beak....just take it off and badge the grill.
Hope to see the hp numbers with the 3.5 V6 soon. Looks like fuel economy will be good with the 9 speed. I would consider manual but I just do too many miles on horrible Connecticut roads.
Others have said it....not exactly a home run, but a big improvement over the look of the current TL. I have had many Acuras since my first in '88 so I am hopeful that this is putting them on the road back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.