Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, thanks for the add! I'm driving a 2016 TLX Tech I love it! The 9 speed tranny makes me feel like a milkshake sometimes, but cruising on the highways and back roads is exhilarating!!

·
Super Moderator
636 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the multi speed transmission has its pros and cons. You will find lots of great info and ideas for your TLX here on this forum. If you don't just ask.

Crashmaster

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I find that the more I drive my ZF-9, the more I understand it and it works with me.
The biggest issue with me, is slow starts with a turn (driving out of a parking space going forward).
Other than that, I too enjoy the drive of the big V6. I know the turbo-4 is the future (at Honda at least), but the 6 is great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I find that the more I drive my ZF-9, the more I understand it and it works with me.
The biggest issue with me, is slow starts with a turn (driving out of a parking space going forward).
Other than that, I too enjoy the drive of the big V6. I know the turbo-4 is the future (at Honda at least), but the 6 is great.
Biggest issue is the delay when you may have to get on the peddle such as slowing down not completely stopping and then getting on the peddle. You really have to get to learn it's habits but once you do it's certainly liveable. This is in a 19 model so yeah they have improved it a bit over the years. The car is very smooth on the highway. When you close the doors also after you get in that solid sound can't be best. Looking fwd to possibly the next generation once this lease is up.

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
I think it is the wind up of the transmission and turning of the vehicle that emphasizes the clunk in the 2-3 gear shift.
or it may be that is the sequence of leaving work every day (drive forward, turn left, all at slow speeds) and I notice it more.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Intersting... I have never experienced it... in the same time period of driiving, if you drive straight are gear changes smooth? Just a jerk / hesitation when turning? All the time or just when first started?

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Intersting... I have never experienced it... in the same time period of driving, if you drive straight are gear changes smooth? Just a jerk / hesitation when turning? All the time or just when first started?
Yes, after this "phenomenon" all shifts as good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biggest issue is the delay when you may have to get on the peddle such as slowing down not completely stopping and then getting on the peddle. You really have to get to learn it's habits but once you do it's certainly liveable. This is in a 19 model so yeah they have improved it a bit over the years. The car is very smooth on the highway. When you close the doors also after you get in that solid sound can't be best. Looking fwd to possibly the next generation once this lease is up.

Thanks for all the response to this. I must admit, since posting this I've been utilizing eco and normal mode between tanks and i definitely notice a difference. It's a lot calmer of a drive. I love the car overall very happy with the purchase. 😁😎

1 - 9 of 9 Posts