Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow TLX owner's, has anyone been able to connect your iPhone to the TLX and use the SMS and email reader? My hands free link is paired with my phone, however the text and email setting says "on" but I can't select an email account or see text messages. Maybe a setting in my phone (iPhone 5 iOS 7)?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I'm not sure if you're suppose to be able to see it. When I tried it on a demo model, It didn't work either. I think its a security precaution.... while you're driving. I'll look into it though...maybe others can chime in

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I have a '13 Civic Si and use the Handsfree link system. In order to get the texts to display I had to change a setting on my iphone as follows:

on iphone 5, Settings >Bluetooth>Hondalink>show notifications> On

Not sure if it's the same but it might be worth a shot. Good luck!

·
Registered
423 Posts
For iphones you have to do as Andre12 said above to recieve the text alerts. You can't read them while driving only have them 'read' to you when they come in.
And pretty sure the email function doesn't work with iphones unfortunately, only the text and that won't let you use the automated responses but that does work with blackberries!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I turned the show notifications on, but I have not received a text while in the car since. Worse case I will have to use Siri eyes free.

Email for blackberries only? Come on Honda even businesses stopped using them!

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Just make sure you don't have the phone's screen on when waiting for a text. I was troubleshooting receiving texts once and since the phone's screen was on they weren't getting transferred to the Handsfreelink system. The phone needs to be on standby/sleep mode for the texts to appear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked my phone settings and tried again tonight. My phone was in the normal lock mode and the text only appeared on my phone. If I have a chance I will call the hands free link phone number and see if they have any insight. Thanks everyone for your help. I will let you know how I make out.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Just make sure the screen is off when troubleshooting. I would maybe try to un-pair and re-pair to the car's Bluetooth before calling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called Acura's hands free link number on Friday. They were very polite and well spoken. However they stated the latest versions of IOS and andriod are currently undergoing testing and at this time text and email do not work. Hey Acura you might not want to list this feature on your window sticker if the two most popular phone platforms don't work!

Looks like I will have to wait for ios8 and hope for the best. In the mean time Siri eyes free.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Called Acura's hands free link number on Friday. They were very polite and well spoken. However they stated the latest versions of IOS and andriod are currently undergoing testing and at this time text and email do not work. Hey Acura you might not want to list this feature on your window sticker if the two most popular phone platforms don't work!

Looks like I will have to wait for ios8 and hope for the best. In the mean time Siri eyes free.

Thanks everyone for your advice.
Good to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it depends on what software rev you have on your phone. I am running the latest iOS 7.1.2.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have heard of many cases where software was the issue or factored into it. It would be worth it to try to upgrade if there is or downgrade if you can.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It must be the ghost of Steve Jobs! Seeing today is iPhone release day my TLX decided to read me my text messages! I did not upgrade my OS nor did I get a new phone. Anyways I'll was pleasantly surprised!

The only change to my phone was I deleted my work email account and reapplied the same account (work network issues).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts