Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

Anyone had luck setting up the text/email feature. It shows that it is on in phone settings, but the bar to actually set it up is grey and can't be accessed. Must be missing something.

Cheers, JW

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hey all:

Anyone had luck setting up the text/email feature. It shows that it is on in phone settings, but the bar to actually set it up is grey and can't be accessed. Must be missing something.

Cheers, JW
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

I have seen some posts on this topic in the electronics section. Maybe those will help.

What kind of car are you driving? Apparently a TLX, but tell us more. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Based on tips I picked up on that other thread, I got it to work by going into Bluetooth Settings on the iPhone and selecting the device: there are some options there, and I turned on "Show Notifications". The next time the phone connected, the extra options in the car's settings became enabled and I could choose an account.

After that, it ALMOST worked: text notifications came in and the car would read the messages to me, but replying (using one of the standard options) always failed to send. But this might depend on your phone OS.

Hope that works for you. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts