Acura TLX Forum banner

Tail light not working

2058 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  nicholasbeaudoin11
Hey guys,

Just found an issue with my car this morning. Originally the left inner tail light was out but now all 4 of my tail lights and my license plate lights are out. Brake lights,reverse, hazards all work but tail lights don't seem to power on.

Anyone able to point me to the fix of this? Nothing in fuse diagram points just to tail lights, checked all the fuses and they look good.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
If the left inner, right inner, left license plate and right license plate lights are all out it may be a grounding issue. Looking at the wiring diagrams they appear to all be on the same ground.
If the left inner, right inner, left license plate and right license plate lights are all out it may be a grounding issue. Looking at the wiring diagrams they appear to all be on the same ground.
Just realized that i shouldve noted that the LED portion of my taillights dont work. The strips at the top of the taillight. Everything else works but the led strips and license plate lights.
Hmm, you may need to test to see if voltage is reaching them. If it is, then probably just need to replace the license plate bulbs. Replacing the LEDs for those strips is probably going to require some special skills or replacement of the whole housing.
Hmm, you may need to test to see if voltage is reaching them. If it is, then probably just need to replace the license plate bulbs. Replacing the LEDs for those strips is probably going to require some special skills or replacement of the whole housing.
Was hoping I wouldn't have to replace the housing. Multimeter happened to grow legs and walk away someone. Is there a Fuse or relay linking it somewhere? Frustrated as I am currently in the process of a big financial move and can't afford to take it to the shop at the moment.
Sounds like when you have the combination turn/light stalk switch in the AUTO position and drive during daylight hours...
Check your Parking Light fuse in the under dash fuse panel. 7.5A # 27. The front marker lights are probably out too because they are on the same circuit.
Hey I'm having the same issue on my 17 tlx, did u end up finding the issue?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts