Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at a 2015 TLX V6 (ideally w/nav) (or a 2013-2014 TL), or a 2006-2008 TL as an interim car to save a ton of money. The 2015 is the first choice but we are budget conscious and need to stay under $30k.

So we are thinking of waiting around for a pre-owned v6 2015 TL that will creep into our price range. How long do you think that will take? Any ideas for negotiating? I am guessing it would take 1 year to get a car in our range, but maybe we'd do well at the end of 2015? Look for a demo car?

Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

We are looking at a 2015 TLX V6 (ideally w/nav) (or a 2013-2014 TL), or a 2006-2008 TL as an interim car to save a ton of money. The 2015 is the first choice but we are budget conscious and need to stay under $30k.

So we are thinking of waiting around for a pre-owned v6 2015 TL that will creep into our price range. How long do you think that will take? Any ideas for negotiating? I am guessing it would take 1 year to get a car in our range, but maybe we'd do well at the end of 2015? Look for a demo car?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first posts. :)

You might want to try a TL forum if you are interested in a TL. Some members were previous owners while some were not. Just a thought.

Personally, I would go with the TLX, but then this is a TLX forum.>:D

Please tell us more about yourself and where you are located geographically.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I think you may do OK if you wait for some dealer demos if you don't mind something slightly used. The dealer where I got my TLX always has lots of demos with around 8K Kms on them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, we saw a very nice 2013 TL Tech over the weekend and it's a very good candidate car. Or, wait it out for a 2015 TLX. I am even thinking about getting the 2013 now and then swapping it out for a TLX in a few years, however car swapping does not sound like a budget choice!

We are in Milwaukee / Chicago area.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Used could work well for you. I always tell people to wait till the end of the month to buy because you have a better negotiating position. You can also try to buy right before the new 2016 TLX is set to come into dealerships as they will be trying to get rid of the older model year units.

Cheers!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think you may do OK if you wait for some dealer demos if you don't mind something slightly used. The dealer where I got my TLX always has lots of demos with around 8K Kms on them.

Good luck!
Having worked in a few dealerships and seeing what those demos go through, I wouldn't keep one of them for too long, definitely before the warranty is up :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cars.com has a ton of listings across the country, assuming you're in the US. The lowest price V6 Tech is right at 29k. The rest start just above 30k and go up from there.

Forgot to add... the comment above is for previously owned TLX.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If already on a used vehicle lot (not at a dealership) then you might even be able to negotiate it down. Maybe not by much but it's something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts