Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This user (From Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India) seems to make entries in bursts:
Latest is a new Discussion about Car rentals. Seems to be an excerpt from his website with a link to the full article.
Was a new user about a month ago. Does not seem to be very TLX related.
Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
824 Posts
Gary

Next time try and give us a link.

https://www.tlxforums.com/threads/deviation-of-most-frequent-mistakes-in-car-rental.43983/

A post about rentals by itself is certanly OK. But when we see he is promoting Shifa Travel Agency, that is not allowed by our rules. You have two choices. As moderator you have to decide if his post is relavant to the users here, and if so, then you can delete his blog link and his promotion to Shifa Travel at the bottom of his message along with a warning/infraction to him that this is not allowed. Or, if you beleive him to be just a spammer you can soft delete his message and just ban him. He does have 12 posts to his credit which appear somewhat relavant, when I looked quickly. If you delete his advertising and link in his message and give him an infraction, he likely won't come back because he is likely only here to advertise his blog and travel company. Either way you want to handle this as a moderator is perfectly OK with me.

Good question and good job!

Crashmaster

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will "practice" the Mod tools on this user to get a little experience.
Time to reread the Training Manuals!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,092 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the options Crashmaster!

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many more posts from this user. I sent a warning. If this behavior continues, I suggest one additional Warning, and then Ban would be next.
Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked further into the MOD Training threads and I could not find a way to "edit" his signature. Could this be in the ModCP? The link provided fails.
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I also moved all his posts to "Off Topic Section"

·
Super Moderator
824 Posts
You are doing good. If you can't edit his signature, let him know it is unacceptable and to delete it or he will be banned. Let him do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also sent this directly to him:
Please follow forum rules pertaining to your posts and signature.
Specifically:
No Promoting other Forums
- We will not allow TLXForums to be an advertising or recruiting ground for any other TLX related forum or commercial/personal website.
No Spam or Advertising Anything!
- Do not advertise your website/product or product/websites you are affiliated with in any way or shape. this includes your signature, Profile Picture, Avatar and Username. No marketing of commercial products without a Vendor account. If a post is deleted and labeled as advertising then we consider it advertising so please do not post it again.

Thank you
The underlined/bold addition to the first rule should be considered as an addition to the Forum rules

Reactions: hmbecker3

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more day with good behavior. We'll see how is goes.

·
Super Moderator
824 Posts
I see he has taken out his signature. But you realize that the picture and READ MORE in his thread are both links to his web site.I would suggest you edit each of his threads and remove the link in the picture and the READ MORE link in each thread as these are both violations (advertising). Or, you can let these threads just die out, which it appears to be doing as nobody has commented on them (who on this board intends to rent a car in India?). Anyway, however you want to handle it, is OK with me. After a while you'll learn which users are worth working with and which are best to just ban them. Good Job!

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I "UnApproved" all his "Read More" posts. They will not be visible to the public.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts