Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought the car there were 2 rubber stakes in the trunk. just wondering where it goes so i can put it on. if it's in the car then it should belong somewhere. any help will be appreciated. no lectures this time please. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind i found out where it belongs but for future reference, it goes under the front bumper in front of the wheels used as wind deflectors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad you figured it out, odd the dealership didn't install them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, what a strange situation. Glad that you figured it out. How did you figure it out?
first searched what strakes are for cars. then saw it in one of the honda forums and then i looked underneath if there is such a space for it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I had no idea what a strake was. I thought you misspelled the title of your post.

I never knew I had these under my car.

Gee, I still don't know.

Guess I should look under the car tomorrow.

Do you have any pics of your strakes? :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a look at Service Bulletin 14-016, New Model Service Information. Procedure 7 is install the front strakes. There is an illustration on Page 6 that shows the strake and how it is installed. One of the items I looked for in my visual inspection was to see that they were installed. Made me feel better that the dealer may have done the other procedures before delivery. The strake is most likely there to deflect the air around the tire and for drag reduction.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Great link to the Service Bulletins.

Interesting sidebar: I have 2 rubber plugs from the dealer in my glove box - and the look like Body Plugs in step 6! I wonder if they didn't install both pairs?

Anyone else with leftovers?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Take a look at Service Bulletin 14-016, New Model Service Information. Procedure 7 is install the front strakes. There is an illustration on Page 6 that shows the strake and how it is installed. One of the items I looked for in my visual inspection was to see that they were installed. Made me feel better that the dealer may have done the other procedures before delivery. The strake is most likely there to deflect the air around the tire and for drag reduction.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Thanks for the info.

BTW, what are you driving?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts