Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I was spoiled with my old tsx which was a blast to drive--the tlx is a slug in comparison, and I am in sport mode!!. Anytime I make any kind of turn anything on my seats, coins, keys ,envelopes, papers, front or back go flying-whats up with this--seats not deep enough?,nature of the leather? I am not enjoying this car at all

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is the strangest complaint I've ever heard. Maybe you should use storage compartments in the car to put your stuff in? And take it easy on the turns? Sound like you may be enjoying the car a little too much, hey? I like the leather in the TLX, its pretty soft to touch. The seats are very comfortable, and did you notice that even the headrest is nicely padded?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Got to agree with oleg
These are pretty nice seats, ok, they aren't full leather but compared to the TSX padding and shape these hug your body a lot better.
Simple solutuon is use the coin tray for coins, keys in pockets and paper in the glove box or on the floor.
I have driven the TSX a lot, fun car but not a touch on this especially in sports mode!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Maybe I was spoiled with my old tsx which was a blast to drive--the tlx is a slug in comparison, and I am in sport mode!!. Anytime I make any kind of turn anything on my seats, coins, keys ,envelopes, papers, front or back go flying-whats up with this--seats not deep enough?,nature of the leather? I am not enjoying this car at all
Wow! I have had a 2004, 2007 and 2011 TSX. I didn't notice a difference in spillage between the TSX and TLX. I occasionally follow too close and have to jam on the brakes, but I expect stuff to go flying if I go from 70 to 0 mph quickly.
:)
Sometimes I just put the stuff on the passenger floor to begin with. >:D

·
Registered
681 Posts
;)I have noticed stuff in my trunk mysteriously moves between destinations, into a disorganized pile. I blame shawd, not my driving of course. ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have realized these seats are more spacious than the ones in the Prelude that I replaced. I do slide around more in these seats than the ones in the Prelude. I think it's part that these seats are leather and part that they are made to fit a wider range of people.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have realized these seats are more spacious than the ones in the Prelude that I replaced. I do slide around more in these seats than the ones in the Prelude. I think it's part that these seats are leather and part that they are made to fit a wider range of people.
The size of the side bolsters can impact that for sure - did the Prelude seat tend to grip you from the sides as well?

My Prelude was 1982...so it wont really count...85HP and a manual choke!

·
Registered
520 Posts
The size of the side bolsters can impact that for sure - did the Prelude seat tend to grip you from the sides as well?

My Prelude was 1982...so it wont really count...85HP and a manual choke!
Mine was the latest gen Prelude and yes it did grip me from the sides. It gripped both sides of the back of my ribs...that's about as close as I can describe it. Other than me fealing a bit loose in them, the TLX seats are great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts