Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else notice this feature? After pressing Audio, to display audio info in the top screen, the system starts talking - announcing titles, whenever you change radio stations or manually select a music file to play back. This happens when car is moving. I guess this is ment to help you keep your eyes on the road. So far no luck locating the setting that controls this. Anyone knows how to shut it up?

·
Registered
666 Posts
It is a bug in the software and I seem to recall that it happens after you have been tuned to an XM station, and then select another source. Things go back to normal after the car is restarted. There is no setting to control it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Bug?

For me I haven't figured out the pattern. Sometimes she announces and other times she does not. I will have to pay attention to whether I am driving or not.

Also, when I make a phone call, she announces "Hang Up". Since it is the only touch screen option. I can't remember if I was driving or not. Usually I would be driving if I made a call over Bluetooth.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I get the "Hang up" announcement sometimes when I make calls, too. Not always, though, so I don't know what is prompting it. I also didn't notice a pattern to it announcing song titles. I just know it does it sometimes. At least these are all things that can be fixed easily with an update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There should be a master switch in the settings to control all voice "help". I'll submit this to Acura client care. Would recommend others to do the same so they hopefully address them quicker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a response from Acura, and it seems to work!

"Based on the details outlined in the forum posts, the announcements could
be related to the Interface Dial Feedback setting. You are able to adjust
if and when the system reads aloud a selection by following these steps:

- Select the SETTINGS button
- Select System Settings
- Select Sound / Beep
- Select Interface Dial Feedback
- Set your preference to On, Off or Auto
(only when vehicle is moving)"

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Got a response from Acura, and it seems to work!

"Based on the details outlined in the forum posts, the announcements could
be related to the Interface Dial Feedback setting. You are able to adjust
if and when the system reads aloud a selection by following these steps:

- Select the SETTINGS button
- Select System Settings
- Select Sound / Beep
- Select Interface Dial Feedback
- Set your preference to On, Off or Auto
(only when vehicle is moving)"
Interesting. Thanks!

I will have to play around with this feature some more. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.