Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I was driving to dinner with my wife, I received a call from a client. My wife told me to go ahead and answer and when I did, nothing happened....phone kept ringing. I answered it with my phone itself and it answered, but the phone kept ringing through the car speakers despite the fact that I was talking to my client. I had to hang up and call him on the handset using the speaker on the cellphone because the car system still wouldn't register the call when I called him using the car's system. This is not the first time that this has happened but it is relatively infrequent. I also get the periodic crackling and popping in the speakers.

I talked to the dealership this morning and the service advisor is clearly fed up with hearing people complain about a problem that Acura doesn't have a well defined fix for. He suggested that I call Acura Care and talk with them. I talked to a representative from American Honda and had him start a case. Unfortunately, their answer to my situation was basically, "If you can't replicate it in the shop, it doesn't exist and we can't do anything for you".

I get it and understand that it's just business for them, but my only regret at this moment is not selling my car last fall when I could have sold it for $2k more than I bought it for. I'm not going to dump my car right away but I have to say that unless they get this resolved soon, this will undoubtedly be the last Acura or Honda that I ever own. The service advisor said that the 2023 TLX's have a completely different setup but that doesn't really help the idiots who bought the car in the first year. Best of luck to anyone who is dealing with the same type of issues.

· Registered
82 Posts
I had the same problem with my phone last night, getting a call over Bluetooth for the first time ever. I tried and tried hitting the “Answer” button on the screen via the second trackpad but it never answered. I then plugged the phone into CarPlay and was able to answer after the caller retried reaching me.

Glad I’m not alone, and I’m thinking of disabling calls via BT because of this now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts