Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first hood dent/paint chip today and proceeded to touch up with the paint pen. Now I guess I should wait a few hours before I coat with the other side of the pen (clearcoat). I know it never looks that great, but any ideas from forum members on how to do this so I don't get a big blob of clearcoat and it ends up smooth?

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I think your best bet is to do a few lighter coats/dabs with the pen instead of one big blob. Also wait until the previous one is dry. You should be good to use the clear after that.

·
Registered
438 Posts
depends on how big that dent/scratch is

if its small, wet sanding will prolly do the job

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I almost always take it to a professional detailer, really can't beat that. Doing it yourself you'd be left with a ton of product that you'll rarely use and that's just one of the downsides to doing it yourself.

·
Registered
438 Posts
one quick question: how often should one take their car to a detailer for detailing per year, and at what time of the year?

and how much would a detailing package cost for something like the TLX?

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
How do you shop for a detailer? I guess I never needed one before. :)

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
A good detailer can be really hard to find. I've spent many a winter looking through detailing forums to prepare for the spring. I do accumulate lots of product but with 3 cars in the driveway I use most of it up. It's kind of a hobby in the warmer months to keep a spotless car.

I would suggest doing an online search for detailers in your area and see if they have any user reviews. Word of mouth is usually the best way to know where to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.