Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos.
I test drove the new TLX 4 cylinder and I was pretty impressed with the car's performance when in sport mode. In the economy mode, not so much. I didn't try the Sport+ mode since I wasn't familiar with the paddle shifters yet. Anyway, I would put this car high on my list to buy if it wasn't problematic to keep it in the sport mode all the time, except on long-distance freeway drives when I could shift to economy. Will Acura supply gas milage numbers for using the car in sport mode? Finally, has anyone checked out how well the blind spot monitor works? People who have cars with this feature often say that its doesn't detect small cars like Miata.
Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a black/black 2.4L DCT which has 540 miles on it. It has been driven only in sport mode since I brought it home and I am averaging almost 29 MPG with about 70/30 HWY to City driving.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Finally, has anyone checked out how well the blind spot monitor works? People who have cars with this feature often say that its doesn't detect small cars like Miata.
Thank you!
The BSD on my TL works perfectly, even detects bicycles. When I test drove the TLX, it functioned just the same. I'm sure others members will also chime in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the V6 tech and I mostly use the sport mode. I came from a TSX which was a rev happy car. I am averaging around 24 mpg with mostly around town driving. The BSD works good. It detected a motorcycle tonight, no complaints here.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Yes, I brought mine home 8/14 with 8 miles on the odometer. I hope yours arrives soon!:)
Thanks. I checked with my salesman yesterday and he says the ETA is still somewhere between September 7th and 11th.

I am half way through the owner's manual to keep my appetite at bay.

My current 2011 TSX just surpassed 64,000 miles yesterday.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Sports mode and Blind Spot Indicators work fine for me.

I may be too aggressive when I drive though. The alerts go off when I overtake and pass too close to a car. Also, when I don't stop when the system expects me to, it flashes, BRAKE!, BRAKE!

I know these settings can be adjusted. Maybe I should leave them alone and learn to drive less aggressively.

I love driving in Sports mode. Not sure if I will drive in any other mode, unless I am stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i test drove the SH-AWD elite package last night which had all the bells and whistles

blind spot monitor and lane departure/sway monitor works

like summest said, sometimes the blind spot monitor goes off a bit earlier than i expected. with these technologies, expect false alarms, but at least it gives you a chance to double check with your own eyes. better to have false alarms than to rely on them too much and it somehow misses a car in the blind spot, leading you to an accident

·
Registered
423 Posts
I drove it in normal mode for the first week or so, then switch to sport. I prefer the pick up and on occasions it has acutally given me better gas consumption than when i was driving in normal on the same route..? I don't think there is much in it to be fair.
The pick up is so much better in sport, you get a tiny bit of lag from 'go' i find in the lower settings.

Blind spot has been working for me too. Spots every car and I also have the same problem as Summest but am just leaving the settings as it is (it tells me to BRAKE! BRAKE! a fair bit!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took delivery of my 4c/8s tlx last week. So far the blind spot kit works well, and I don't mind the early alerts.

The cross traffic and back up tech does work. One reviewer in one of the car sites thought it was over active, although the author clearly hasn't been in ine of the parking lots where people try to set 0-60 records lol.

I debated the tech package and was a little over my budget but I'm glad I have it. The blind spot sensors make things so much better. Lane keep assist is handy too.

I wish, now, that Acura would sell the advance package in the 4. It has ample power for the average situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts