Acura TLX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Here is the installation instructions. Note that for whatever reason the links get an access deny message using the Tapatalk application. They seem to work fine through a normal web browser.

2WD Adv and all AWD

LinkDeny

2WD Base and Tech.

LinkDeny
I could never get these to work with my web browser. I figured they were password protected by rjanisis.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was told there was drilling done to mount a bracket to hold the tire in place. I did not verify this.
They had to justify the ridiculous amount they charged you for labour somehow.

That should have been a 30 minute job max.

The hardest part is mounting the tire on the rim and that takes 5 minutes.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
This was the final straw in me deciding to buy the spare tire kit :D
I bought it last night and will be installing it myself whenever it arrives...I think the hardest part will be trying to get the tire on the rim myself.

Thanks for posting this link!
Just take it to a local tire shop and have them mount the tire on the rim and fill it up with air/nitrogen. They'll probably only charge you like $10

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just take it to a local tire shop and have them mount the tire on the rim and fill it up with air/nitrogen. They'll probably only charge you like $10
I was able t get the valve on rim...but I wasn't able to get the tire itself on the rim. I'm gonna do as you say and take it to a tire shop this weekend.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well, I decided to actually give it a real try at getting the tire on the rim today. I used some cleaner in a spray bottle and a screw driver as a pry bar. It took me about 10 minutes but I was able to get it on there. I inflated it to 60 PSI and will be installing the kit tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Glad you got the tire on the rim MrMoo. I just ordered the spare tire kit and the tire for $300... should be delivered sometime next week. I'll let you know how the install goes

·
Registered
39 Posts
So my spare tire kit came in the mail this week. I had my local America's Tire shop install the tire on the rim for me (they didn't even charge me to do this), and I installed the spare tire into the car. It was very simple and just took a few minutes. For anyone interested in getting the spare tire kit, I definitely recommend purchasing it online and installing it yourself... you will save some money and it is very easy :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
So my spare tire kit came in the mail this week. I had my local America's Tire shop install the tire on the rim for me (they didn't even charge me to do this), and I installed the spare tire into the car. It was very simple and just took a few minutes. For anyone interested in getting the spare tire kit, I definitely recommend purchasing it online and installing it yourself... you will save some money and it is very easy :)
H_dawg where did you purchase your spare tire kit from?? Searching one online myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought mine on EBAY however the seller has raised the price, when I bought mine it was $230 shipped, now it is $255.

Acura Honda Kit Assy T NH690L 06421 TZ3 A90ZA | eBay

The kit includes the wheel, but not the tire. I bough the tire through Tirerack.com.

Did you end up purchasing a bigger tire? Or did you go with a donut size? I was at the tire store and I wanted to wait until I purchased a kit to see how big of a tire I can purchase! But if it coms with a wheel already, then my options maybe limited right?

Lol not sure if I'm making any sense or asking stupid questions but basically I'm trying to avoid buying a donut size tire and would rather by a regular size or whatever size that would fit best back there. :eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you end up purchasing a bigger tire? Or did you go with a donut size? I was at the tire store and I wanted to wait until I purchased a kit to see how big of a tire I can purchase! But if it coms with a wheel already, then my options maybe limited right?

Lol not sure if I'm making any sense or asking stupid questions but basically I'm trying to avoid buying a donut size tire and would rather by a regular size or whatever size that would fit best back there. :eek:
I bought the tire specified for the wheel, you want the correct tire., no variance as the diameter is critical to the drive train of your car.

I was doing some research and looks like acurapartsoem.com sells them too for a cheaper price $219

Acura OEM Part Number 06421-TZ3-A90ZA | KIT ASSY,T *NH690L*
Add the shipping to it and see if it's still cheaper. That's what made the one I posted a great deal when I initially found it, $230 SHIPPED, it's now $255 shipped.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was doing some research and looks like acurapartsoem.com sells them too for a cheaper price $219

Acura OEM Part Number 06421-TZ3-A90ZA | KIT ASSY,T *NH690L*

Remember you have to buy the spare tire kit, the replacement trunk floor lid assembly and the tire. The kit is around $214, the trunk floor lid assembly is around $100 and the tire is around $75 on various on-line sites. Check your dealer, mine installed everything for $375, easy one stop shopping.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Remember you have to buy the spare tire kit, the replacement trunk floor lid assembly and the tire. The kit is around $214, the trunk floor lid assembly is around $100 and the tire is around $75 on various on-line sites. Check your dealer, mine installed everything for $375, easy one stop shopping.
The part number she listed is everything except the tire. It's the "kit", has all of the pieces, I bought and installed this same part number, then bought the tire from tire rack.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts