Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 TLX ADV
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the road noise to be less while driving. I had Sound Deadening on my previous car, 2016 Accord EXL, but not on the floors. On this TLX after I installed them on the doors, rear deck and in the trunk, I wanted to go further by also installing them on the floors as well and now the car, is even quieter.

I also installed more welcome lights to have more outside floor lighting. The installation instructions for the welcome lights help me remove all the front panels and the for the center console, I figured it out by removing screws here and there.

I used a 3/8” drive Torx plus TP50 to remove the front seats.
IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_E3914.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_E2175.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3918.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
96 Posts
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing the pics. Now, go drive and enjoy the fruits of your labors!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I like the road noise to be less while driving. I had Sound Deadening on my previous car, 2016 Accord EXL, but not on the floors. On this TLX after I installed them on the doors, rear deck and in the trunk, I wanted to go further by also installing them on the floors as well and now the car, is even quieter.

I also installed more welcome lights to have more outside floor lighting. The installation instructions for the welcome lights help me remove all the front panels and the for the center console, I figured it out by removing screws here and there.

I used a 3/8” drive Torx plus TP50 to remove the front seats.
View attachment 26156
View attachment 26157
View attachment 26158 View attachment 26160
View attachment 26161 View attachment 26162 View attachment 26163 View attachment 26164 View attachment 26165
Wow, I wouldn't know where to start on a project like that. Is this something you do at your job or past life? How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking? Where did you get the materials?

Did you have instructions on how to do the work or was it mostly from past experience? How long did it take you to do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice!

I’ve added sound deadening in previous cars, but nothing as extensive as that. I would not be brave enough to strip the interior like that myself.

Did it make a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD Apex Blue/Red
54 Posts
Wow, that looks like a lot of work.

How does the extra lighting look?? Any pics??

·
Registered
21 TLX ADV
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I wouldn't know where to start on a project like that. Is this something you do at your job or past life? How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking? Where did you get the materials?

Did you have instructions on how to do the work or was it mostly from past experience? How long did it take you to do?
I had sound deadening on my previous cars but I never did the floor until now and It took me around 4h.

·
Registered
21 TLX ADV
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!

I’ve added sound deadening in previous cars, but nothing as extensive as that. I would not be brave enough to strip the interior like that myself.

Did it make a noticeable difference?
Yes, there is a noticeable difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts