Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking to replace my 2003 Nissan Murano.... I still enjoy this car but having it new from day one I wanted to get something with a better milage. I can't really say anything about the car... I will missing not have a CVT.

My wife has a MDX and we both love it, so a sedan makes sense for the family. I must say I love the lines on the TLX and like the enterior. Love the gadgets and layout.

Will be pulling the trigger soon I think for the TLX. I've drive a 3 series, Q50 and in an effort to stay with a CSUV the Evoque. TLX is winning.

Thinking about Advance package, 3.5, 9 speed, note sure about AWD vs. FWD. Even living here in the NE I've had FWD before and it was fine. Any long ski trips up north we can take the MDX (along with kids, no kids eat in my cars. :D) Just wondering, being a spirited driving if I would appreciate the AWD over the PAWS? Thoughts?

I will begin to hang over the site, soon to be a owner.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Been looking to replace my 2003 Nissan Murano.... I still enjoy this car but having it new from day one I wanted to get something with a better milage. I can't really say anything about the car... I will missing not have a CVT.

My wife has a MDX and we both love it, so a sedan makes sense for the family. I must say I love the lines on the TLX and like the enterior. Love the gadgets and layout.

Will be pulling the trigger soon I think for the TLX. I've drive a 3 series, Q50 and in an effort to stay with a CSUV the Evoque. TLX is winning.

Thinking about Advance package, 3.5, 9 speed, note sure about AWD vs. FWD. Even living here in the NE I've had FWD before and it was fine. Any long ski trips up north we can take the MDX (along with kids, no kids eat in my cars. :D) Just wondering, being a spirited driving if I would appreciate the AWD over the PAWS? Thoughts?

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to catch your first posts today. :)

I am sure you will get a lot of comments about the best way to go. Maybe you can do an extended test drive on both types and get further insight?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thinking about Advance package, 3.5, 9 speed, note sure about AWD vs. FWD. Even living here in the NE I've had FWD before and it was fine. Any long ski trips up north we can take the MDX. Just wondering, being a spirited driving if I would appreciate the AWD over the PAWS?
As Summest suggested an extended test drive is the best way to form a conclusion.

With the combination of FWD and the tires supplied you will get front wheel spin with a jack rabbit start in Sport or Sport+, and maybe even Normal IDS mode. If that is all you are concerned about then the options are better tires or SH-AWD but that ay be a steep price to pay. For moderate winter conditions a set of winter tires will get you through most normal roads, but maybe not steep hills.

For most drivers doing city and highway driving FWD will be quite adequate, but if cost is not a concern then splurge and get SH-AWD.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I would say based on your comment that FWD has been fine before, the V6 FWD would fit your needs. I have both the '13 TL SH-AWD and the '15 TLX SH-AWD. For handling, SH-AWD particularly in the TLX is very, very good on tight curves. I have no experience with PAWS.

Tires - I had Michelin Pilot A/S 3's installed. The OEM tires on the V6 models are poor (for handling) in my opinion, and keep the TLX from showing how good the chassis and AWD system can be. I can also say that TLX with the OEM Goodyears did not compare well to my '13 TL for handling.

So, whether you go for FWD or AWD - I would sell the OEM tires and get some better tires.

Good luck

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Great thread!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first, short post. :)

Please tell us more about yourself and your TLX experiences.

Hopefully you can share more information with concerns to the TLX.

I went to driving school back in the late '70s so I think I am good on that subject matter. >:D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do not know if on such a short drive I would tell the difference between the two but you are right I should evaluate both again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud. Sounds like you've put in the thought and research so you should be quite happy with the TLX in the end. Are you planning any mods or accessories for it?

Let us know when you put in your order. It's always nice to have new owners on the site!

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts