Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to Acura's. Just received a new to me 2016 TLX Base model 2.4. Love this car! The other day I was outside getting some items out of the trunk and when I was done I hit the lock button on the remote. I didn't hear the doors lock so I hit it a second time. The car started! I have no idea if someone else installed a remote start on it or not and I only have the one one remote with it which is NOT a remote start FOB. Any ideas comments??

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
315 Posts
New to the forum and new to Acura's. Just received a new to me 2016 TLX Base model 2.4. Love this car! The other day I was outside getting some items out of the trunk and when I was done I hit the lock button on the remote. I didn't hear the doors lock so I hit it a second time. The car started! I have no idea if someone else installed a remote start on it or not and I only have the one one remote with it which is NOT a remote start FOB. Any ideas comments??
Someone must have installed some sort of aftermarket remote start on your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have a aftermarket remote starter in your car...that is how they tap into the anti-theft...back then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts