Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unlocked Ktuner v2 for sale. Bought it last November for my 21 TLX A-Spec. Used twice, once to flash to stage 2 and then back to stock.

Selling because I traded the 21 in on a 22 TLX Type S which I plan to leave stock.

Looking for $475 shipped to continental U.S. or best offer.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
283 Posts
The Type S is obviously going to have a lot more grunt but how would you rate the K-Tuner V2 compared to stock 2.0T and the Type S? It's obviously not enough of a change to discourage you from going to the Type S, but what's your seat of the pants opinion of it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Type S is obviously going to have a lot more grunt but how would you rate the K-Tuner V2 compared to stock 2.0T and the Type S? It's obviously not enough of a change to discourage you from going to the Type S, but what's your seat of the pants opinion of it?
The stage 2 tune I had on it was a decent improvement power wise over stock, but what is noticeable immediately is the improved throttle response.

One of the things I really disliked about the 2.0 in stock form is the ridiculous amount of throttle lag from a stop. This tune mostly eliminated that. Not completely, but enough to make it much more enjoyable as a daily driver.

The Type S still has some lag from a stop if you punch it (just tried it once because it’s still in the break in period), but otherwise much much more responsive. Especially in Sport and Sport+ modes. Those modes also rev match downshifts, and hold gears longer. Sport+ is almost too aggressive for my tastes in that respect actually

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To clarify regarding the tune.

I had the Ktuner stage 2 tune, there are others available (Phearable has a more aggressive tune that’s somewhat popular). The stage 2 does give a very noticeable power increase over stock, in addition to the reduced throttle lag. My guess is that the stage 2 tune puts it right up there with the more powerful four cylinder turbo A4 and not far off the class-leading 330i and Giulia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts