Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an info or similar option/screen that shows what version of the headunit/navi software the car has?

My Hyundai has a screen that shows the firmware and the navi version of whats installed in the car.

Might be a useful feature to have when checking for updates etc.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Is there an info or similar option/screen that shows what version of the headunit/navi software the car has?

My Hyundai has a screen that shows the firmware and the navi version of whats installed in the car.

Might be a useful feature to have when checking for updates etc.
Yes. I believe I posted a photo in the forum that shows the version number went from 2.x.x.x to 3.x.x.x. after the update, but I cannot seem to locate it. You can should see the information on the top screen. I will see if I can find it or take another photo if someone else cannot provide the info.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I took a picture of the software version using the steps I mentioned above. I'm not sure if this helps anyone or not, but here it is.

There are also 5 screens worth of version info in the developer modes if anyone wants to compare.

We'll go with this first.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you might have newer software then me. My first groupings of numbers all begin with 1.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I wonder if dealerships will update a vehicle when we're in for service if we request it or if they will charge for it. I guess if it comes with a complaint they may be more willing to do the update under warranty.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats why it would be nice to have some Canadian specific TSB's or upgrade info. Most dealers will just run a VIN to look for updates, but those just might show things that are mandatory.

Something like the latest software would be nice to have, but not necessary and many people might not even know or care if the updates are available. An update to the software would probably be in the form of a TSB and those arent applied unless theres a problem or complaint.

During my first oil change I'll simply ask for the newest software and see where that gets me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thats why it would be nice to have some Canadian specific TSB's or upgrade info. Most dealers will just run a VIN to look for updates, but those just might show things that are mandatory.

Something like the latest software would be nice to have, but not necessary and many people might not even know or care if the updates are available. An update to the software would probably be in the form of a TSB and those arent applied unless theres a problem or complaint.

During my first oil change I'll simply ask for the newest software and see where that gets me.
Warranty will only pay for updates as a result of a complaint for a known issue. Most dealers won't do an update just because it was requested.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
There has to be a better way!!!! lol.

I'd go the request route first and see what happens as @MTD said.

A system "hanging" or going blank from time to time would be a warranty issue I would think.....if one were to do that I mean.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what I mean, they wont just do it for nothing. But build a decent rapport wiht the Serv Tech and Advisors, you never know. The Techs and Advisors at my Hyundai dealer do whatever Ive asked when it came to updates or TSBs.

dazed, are you an old TCC and/or JDMrides member? Name looks familiar.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thats what I mean, they wont just do it for nothing. But build a decent rapport wiht the Serv Tech and Advisors, you never know. The Techs and Advisors at my Hyundai dealer do whatever Ive asked when it came to updates or TSBs.

dazed, are you an old TCC and/or JDMrides member? Name looks familiar.
I was a member on both. As well as Driveaccord.net among others.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Warranty will only pay for updates as a result of a complaint for a known issue. Most dealers won't do an update just because it was requested.
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry I missed your first few posts.

When I got my first oil change I got all outstanding updates. Most the dealer knew about. They didn't have the one for the torqued nuts issue, but I showed them the TSB. They wrote that one up as a issue, but the others were well known updates.

I believe the updates were quite beneficial.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry I missed your first few posts.

When I got my first oil change I got all outstanding updates. Most the dealer knew about. They didn't have the one for the torqued nuts issue, but I showed them the TSB. They wrote that one up as a issue, but the others were well known updates.

I believe the updates were quite beneficial.
Thanks for the welcome. I am the Parts Manager for a Toronto area Dealer. Having spent 26 years with Honda I recently moved to our Acura store. I have had 8 Accords over the last 6 years (2008-2015 models) and I am finding the TLX has as many similarities as it has differences to my recently departed Accord.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
If I haven't said it before, welcome @dazednconfuzed And I thought I had a bunch of Hondas over the years.

I was really on the fence with the new Accord and the TLX. The AWD is what put me over the edge. Both are really great looking cars.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to know you work at a dealer. Any discounts on parts lol?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I am the Parts Manager for a Toronto area Dealer. Having spent 26 years with Honda I recently moved to our Acura store. I have had 8 Accords over the last 6 years (2008-2015 models) and I am finding the TLX has as many similarities as it has differences to my recently departed Accord.
Thanks for the introduction. It's nice to get to know people beyond their screen name. :)

I have not worked at Honda or Acura, but I have been driving Hondas and then Acuras solid since 1984 (31 years if my Microsoft calculator is correct).

:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts