Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

There are things that can and cannot be fixed via software updates. Following are a few of my wishes:

1) Let me bypass the engine shutdown "feature" one time. And/or....let the Indidvidual mode be carried over to the next time I start the car. The other modes carry over.....
2) Let the gears hang on a little longer before shifting.
3) Increase the response time of the throttle. Unless you're in Sport mode, there is way too much lag. It's a `"by wire" throttle, so that should be easy. I'm not talking turbo lag...I'm talking just lag.
4) Let me shut off any piped in engine noises.
5) Please add your wishes here....

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
36 Posts
While using Google maps (Android Auto) the right panel can only display the Android auto logo or a clock, I'd like to have the music or media information on that panel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
While using Google maps (Android Auto) the right panel can only display the Android auto logo or a clock, I'd like to have the music or media information on that panel.
Not the case for me. I can have any of the audio selections, the clock or the Acura Nav that I've tried so far. Maybe it's your phone? I use a Pixel 3 myself, Android12

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S (had 1994 Integra GSR 4DR)
25 Posts
Not the case for me. I can have any of the audio selections, the clock or the Acura Nav that I've tried so far. Maybe it's your phone? I use a Pixel 3 myself, Android12
You can have Google maps on the main screen and XM on the right, but apparently its an android limitation that you cannot show Google maps on the main and Amazon music on the right.

I dont think the S has piped in engine noise, does it?

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
36 Posts
Sorry I should've been more specific, its what Mercury said, I can display Sirius , AM/FM, but not Amazon or YouTube music which is what I use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I read somwhere that simuated engine is always piped into the cabin regardless of mode. Maybe less so in "comfort"? I would be surprised if they didnt pipe in "engine" on their sport model....... Maybe that v6 has all the music they need? :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Id really like to know if #1 is possible, or if we're stuck with this due to a physical hardware/wiring design.
Search is your friend:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Search is your friend:

You missed the point of my question, and it doesnt answer the purpose of why I asked. I already bought the IDS controller, and it rectified the hatred I have for the idlestop feature, and I constantly refer other TLX owners to that website. WHAT IF, this whole situation can be resolved by Honda with a software update, to allow our cars to start in INDIVIDUAL MODE, allowing us to truly turn it off permanently?. It seems like this should have been the intent. What is the purpose of giving the ability to turn it off in individual mode, if we STILL have to press a 2nd damn button?
Anyway, if there is a software update on the horizon, it means we are all buying idlestop modules for no reason. If the idle shut-down is a physical hardware, unchangeable , situation, then one of the idlestopper modules is a must-have for nearly everyone.

What happens if Honda releases an update allowing us to restart our cars to default to Individual mode on startup, and we already have the IDS controller? :unsure:

·
Registered
15 Posts
My biggest complaint would be the CMBS system, going into tunnels, or cast shadows from trees or signs will send false positives, almost caused a few wrecks. It's inconvenience to disable every time I get into the vehicle, wish I could disable some of these Acura Watch settings, without having to do it every time I get into the car. I suppose, this helps to get the engine oil flowing to the turbo before letting her rip though, as I wait for engine idle RPMs to drop from 1500 from cold start to about 850.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
196 Posts
My biggest complaint would be the CMBS system, going into tunnels, or cast shadows from trees or signs will send false positives, almost caused a few wrecks. It's inconvenience to disable every time I get into the vehicle, wish I could disable some of these Acura Watch settings, without having to do it every time I get into the car. I suppose, this helps to get the engine oil flowing to the turbo before letting her rip though, as I wait for engine idle RPMs to drop from 1500 from cold start to about 850.
I had a bizarre experience last night. I was driving along in the dark and the car flashed "BRAKE" and slammed on the brakes for me. There was nobody within 100 yards of me.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S (had 1994 Integra GSR 4DR)
25 Posts
I had a bizarre experience last night. I was driving along in the dark and the car flashed "BRAKE" and slammed on the brakes for me. There was nobody within 100 yards of me.
I turned my lane departure warning to the lowest settings after a few incidents. The first is the road I live on, there is a strip up the road where the rocks have worn off and we have smooth tar/tarmac the lane departure flashes the whole time and the wheel vibrates.

The second is what made me turn it way down, I was driving on a busy road, a car was stopped and waiting to turn left in front of me, I was doing 45mph, my intention was to move onto the shoulder and pass him on the right (Its one of those turns where there is always a car there and everyone passes without slowing down) as I come up on him and move onto the shoulder, the dash flashes lane departure and the steering wheel shakes like a wet dog, then the brakes lock up! BRAKE flashes on the dashboard, and the cars behind me are still doing 45mph, no amount of gas would get it to accelerate again. I cant remember how it got over it but I never want that again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I turned my lane departure warning to the lowest settings after a few incidents. The first is the road I live on, there is a strip up the road where the rocks have worn off and we have smooth tar/tarmac the lane departure flashes the whole time and the wheel vibrates.

The second is what made me turn it way down, I was driving on a busy road, a car was stopped and waiting to turn left in front of me, I was doing 45mph, my intention was to move onto the shoulder and pass him on the right (Its one of those turns where there is always a car there and everyone passes without slowing down) as I come up on him and move onto the shoulder, the dash flashes lane departure and the steering wheel shakes like a wet dog, then the brakes lock up! BRAKE flashes on the dashboard, and the cars behind me are still doing 45mph, no amount of gas would get it to accelerate again. I cant remember how it got over it but I never want that again.
Is it just me….am I incorrect?….I have found that the key to the lane departure issue seems to be the turn signal. I wonder (not sure….but I think this is true based on my experience) if you used your turn signal (for a right turn) when you initiated your pass on the right, the lane departure warning and subsequent automatic braking would not have occurred. The car interpreted the lack of input (not using the turn signal) and thought you were driving off of the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it just me….am I incorrect?….I have found that the key to the lane departure issue seems to be the turn signal. I wonder (not sure….but I think this is true based on my experience) if you used your turn signal (for a right turn) when you initiated your pass on the right, the lane departure warning and subsequent automatic braking would not have occurred. The car interpreted the lack of input (not using the turn signal) and thought you were driving off of the road.
I have found that to be the case as well.......BTW, I've had my collision avoidance thing turned on since I bought the car in April, but turned it off today based on some the experiences described in this post. The lane keeping/leaving stuff was just freaking me out too much so I turned it off. I do turn it on when I'm eating behind the wheel. I know......bad me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts