Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my VIN for my 2015 AWD TLX does not indicate the need for a software or any other transmission update etc., yet many of you are requesting it and getting it? Is this something I need to specifically ask my dealer to do? I have about 3800 miles on mine and was just wondering. Thanks in advance.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

So my VIN for my 2015 AWD TLX does not indicate the need for a software or any other transmission update etc., yet many of you are requesting it and getting it? Is this something I need to specifically ask my dealer to do? I have about 3800 miles on mine and was just wondering. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Depending on when you received your new TLX, you may not need updates. If you aren't experiencing any issues, maybe ask your dealer at your first oil change or visit.

What color combo did you go with? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Black Copper Pearl with the Expresso leather and absolutely love it. Hoping my dealer won't talk me out of anything. Sounds like the software update is an important one and I was told I did not need the software update for Nav as posted on the Acura owners site. Took delivery on Nov. 01, 2014 and so far no problems, except in idle the engine seems a bit noisy so I'll have them look at that too at first oil.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You probably do not need the NAV/ECM update. I got my TLX on Nov 10 and these updates were already installed. There will probably be an update for the 1-2,2-3 hard shift issue. Some people seem to have got it. But so far it is not a general update, only for those with a really bad issue. (Mine bumps when cold, but otherwise is acceptable.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got the call today to set up an appointment.. at first I thought they called me to go in for oil change... then i heard recall... I'm like what for?

Apparently it's a software update, and they will also replace my transmission fluid. Seems like it would relate to the shifting points 1 to 2 to 3.

Hopefully the software update also fixes the other little techy stuff in one package.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just got the call today to set up an appointment.. at first I thought they called me to go in for oil change... then i heard recall... I'm like what for?

Apparently it's a software update, and they will also replace my transmission fluid. Seems like it would relate to the shifting points 1 to 2 to 3.

Hopefully the software update also fixes the other little techy stuff in one package.
Let us know the results please!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Are you in Canada or the US? The transmission fluid is part of the transmission recall for the 9-speed tranny, but the software update may be only for the ODMD.

I have my appointment for next Wednesday for the transmission, so will find out soon enough about the software update and really hoping it includes a Navigation update as there are two highway on-ramps that have existed for years that it does not know about. Even my '06 TL knew about them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very Happy w my Transmission Update

I finally had the time to take my 4cyl TLX back to the dealer for the sticky transmission problem I was having and I am happy to report that after their fix, the car rides 100% better....I am now a happy TLX owner!!! Yeah!!

What is a bit confusing is that the service manager indicated that this fix only came out about 2 weeks ago???? I have been reading in this forum about other fixes that were available for the transmission months ago, What gives??

I also got an update on the infotainment center and the cross traffic monitoring system that evidently wasn't giving audible beeps. Now I have to say, that update from Acura came out about a month ago, so it's a bit troubling that I have been driving the car for several months not knowing that this feature was not operational...but at least it's fixed now.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Kinda related, but how would you know if any applicable updates have been performed? Im assuming its by the cars VIN and through the dealership.

Do we have a listing of these recalls, TSBs, etc?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Originally posted by New Acura Owner:
What is a bit confusing is that the service manager indicated that this fix only came out about 2 weeks ago???? I have been reading in this forum about other fixes that were available for the transmission months ago, What gives??

If possible would you mind checking your repair receipt and see if they put some type of reference number for the transmission update? My first service is coming up soon and when I stopped by the dealer recently and spoke to the service department they said they had only had one other customer with a minor transmission issue - kinda hard to believe. I would like to go armed with information as far as a reference number for the update. - Thanks

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Only problem is that the TSB #s , recalls, etc will/might be different here in Canada.

When I had my last Honda, none of the US info was applicable to Canadian cars. Most of then TSB and recall will eventually get here, but it could be later on and have a different # assigned to it.

Still great to know whats out there though, but us Canucks need a Honda/Acura insider.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I wonder if Honda/Acura Canada has a service website accessable to owners? I know Hyundai does and its real helpful.

Ive reached out to an old Honda contact I have to see if he has any info for us.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Agreed. Still good info though. It helps when trying to explain an issue to the dealer if nothing else.
Only good as an instrument to bang your head with when the service rep tell you that it does no come up on their screen so they do not have access to it.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
No. I understand that they wouldn't have access to the actual bulletin but if someone was trying to explain an issue and you have something like a TSB from the U.S. they may work with you to fix the issue. The car is under warranty after all.

I guess it's just the relationship a person has with their service dept. I've always had good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts