Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been looking forward to the I4 TLX for some time now - and I expect my year end bonus check next week :). Coming out of an underpowered but reliable '05 Accord.

However, I'm seeing all these posts about transmission issues and it has me worried. I don't want to drop $35K on a car that has issues from the start. Are the newly delivered cars without issues, or is the transmission a real problem here. Should I be looking elsewhere for my new ride?

Thanks
NM

·
Registered
438 Posts
have you tried drive testing one first? if you haven't yet you should go try one yourself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I drove one but that was before I noticed talk of all these issues. Perhaps another test drive with the knowledge of the issues which I can try to replicate....

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi all,

I've been looking forward to the I4 TLX for some time now - and I expect my year end bonus check next week :). Coming out of an underpowered but reliable '05 Accord.

However, I'm seeing all these posts about transmission issues and it has me worried. I don't want to drop $35K on a car that has issues from the start. Are the newly delivered cars without issues, or is the transmission a real problem here. Should I be looking elsewhere for my new ride?

Thanks
NM
Welcome to the Forum. I see that you made your first post today!

It would be nice to hear from the new recipients to see if there has been any improvement.

I received my I4 Tech on 9/12 and I was very lucky to have only one problem that was fixable. Ever since, I have had no issues and the car drives great. This is no guarantee you will be as lucky but it is very possible.

It sure has become a gamble and it is a first generation vehicle. If you have the patience, go for it. If not, keep researching and don't be in a hurry.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, I drove one but that was before I noticed talk of all these issues. Perhaps another test drive with the knowledge of the issues which I can try to replicate....
Find a tester that has over 1000 miles on the odometer. There is a better chance that you will be able to notice the issues described on this forum. In my case, the problems started surfacing after the first 500 miles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car has been very reliable since September. The dual clutch thing seems a little affected by cold but I don't have serious worries about it. I did a lot of test driving and decided the 4 cyl was the better of the two for my needs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went for an extended test drive last night. I have decided that I'm going for it - I liked it so much! So much more fun to drive than the Accord! Now if the dealer would only get something on the lot other than white or black! Just waiting on the phone call!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Congrats!

Well I went for an extended test drive last night. I have decided that I'm going for it - I liked it so much! So much more fun to drive than the Accord! Now if the dealer would only get something on the lot other than white or black! Just waiting on the phone call!
Excellent and congratulations!

Have you decided on I4 or V6, colors, packages or accessories? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.