Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had to realign there 21+ tlx or had it pulling horribly one way or another?
Everything it goes back on the rack it is back to the nasty amount of toe it like, and the exact same specs every time.
Smh
Add this to the coil pack issue I've had. I hope it needs a whole new rack or maybe an overall hard reset since it is an electric power steering setup. Although my si and rav4 have never given me this problem.
Any acura techs on here that have worked enough on these have any ideas? I know the stealership is just gonna keep having me go back and realign it and eventually bury it and NOT wanna shell the few thousands it'll take to swap put the rack.

Welp.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
824 Posts
Always need to start from the beginning:
1) Has ANY steering or suspension work been done prior? Including replacement tires or wheels.
2) Has there been any prior accidents?
3) Has there been any racing or off road?
4) Is this a lease or purchase vehicle?
5) How much of the steering/suspension work has been done by an Acura dealership?
6) Who diagnosed the problem as the rack?

How many miles on the vehicle? Yes, alignments are normally only covered for the first 12,000 miles (or normally just one) or if some other component causes the alignment to go out.

Unclear why you just don't take the vehicle in to an Acura dealership and have it covered under the warranty? Please explain. There appears to be something missing from your story.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Nothing prior.
2) no, New car. Only have 8k miles.
3) No racing at all
4) Purchase
5) Two alignments
6) I got 3 separate alignments from Big o Tyres, unbiased company. And they diagnosed it as an internal problem such as the rack or tie rods going out.

I haven't gone to avura because the dealerships are over an hour away so to just go and have them say "oh well align it again" isn't worth my time, needed an unbiased opinion first.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would recommend making the drive to Acura. Make sure to bring your receipts and supporting documentation from the 3 alignments. Maybe they already know how to diagnose your issue and can knock it in one visit. But if not, even if they just do a realignment, they should ask you to return at some point for them to check the alignment. If it's out again then they should escalate it. If you have any lemon laws where you live you may have a limited window for them to attempt to repair it a limited number of times before they would have to replace your vehicle. They, being Acura, has to attempt to fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm kind of hopeful it can get fixed. But if not lemon law is in effect here in California. And I'd just go my good ol reliable toyota avalon haha. Totally different cars.
Going to call and see what they (acura ) says.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
123 Posts
I can't parse your second sentence. Nasty amount of toe it like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts