Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with android 4.4.2 installed. Once I paired my phone it worked for about a week. Now whenever I press the talk button I get the message "This smartphone is not supported", even when I'm not trying to use the phone.
I tried a Samsung Galaxy S4 and get the same message, but an iPhone 5s works fine.

I've tried unpairing/deleting the devices but as soon as I pair them I get the same message again.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with android 4.4.2 installed. Once I paired my phone it worked for about a week. Now whenever I press the talk button I get the message "This smartphone is not supported", even when I'm not trying to use the phone.
I tried a Samsung Galaxy S4 and get the same message, but an iPhone 5s works fine.

I've tried unpairing/deleting the devices but as soon as I pair them I get the same message again.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Too bad you are experiencing issues. My S4 works great on 4.4.2 and 4.4.4.

I'd ask the dealer. Mine worked before and after the car software update. I have heard of others with the S5 work as well.

Tell us about you and your new TLX. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TLX2014. That's exactly what I was doing. I was waiting for the beep before I let go.
You saved me a $150 diagnostic fee my dealership was going to charge to look at it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
He did save you a few bucks!!
Holding the talk button down is a function reserved for Siri and the iphone. That's why you get the unsupported message if you press it for too long as that's how you activate Siri handsfree which isn't on the samsung.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
He did save you a few bucks!!
Holding the talk button down is a function reserved for Siri and the iphone. That's why you get the unsupported message if you press it for too long as that's how you activate Siri handsfree which isn't on the samsung.
Thanks! I did not know that. I have an Android. Good to know.
:)

·
Registered
681 Posts
TY all. I have an iPhone and hadnt got to figuring out Siri in the car yet. You all just saved me some time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts