Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 TLX I-4 with Tech Package. When I first purchased the vehicle, I had the dealer connect my I-phone 6. Everything worked as advertised including Siri eyes. This nice feature provides hands free text replies. Fast forward 4 years (to last week) when I upgraded to an I-phone 8. I successfully connected my phone via bluetooth through the Settings button. However, I cannot use Siri eyes. When I press the button on the steering wheel, the message "THIS SMARTPHONE IS NOT SUPPORTED" appears. Any ideas or do I need to make an appointment with the dealer?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Good luck... I used to get text popup messages in my TLX after upgrading to a new phone that stopped working. Really sucks that there is not support or solution to this type of issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I figured this one out on my own. It turns out that I never initialized Siri when I set up the phone for the first time. When using Siri for the first time, there is a prompt asking to use Siri. As soon as I accepted, the Siri eyes button on the steering wheel worked.

:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Apple firmware works with Acura's system, but not perfectly. I went from a 7+ to an X and lost the ability to have incoming texts read aloud by the car while the phone was locked. After contacting Apple, a lot, I was told it was a car problem, not Apple's. After the next update, the phone (Siri) refused to make outgoing calls as well while the car was moving (actually, as long as the car and phone were paired, nothing to do with moving). After a few weeks, it went back to allowing phone calls to be sent. I bought a holder for the phone that inserted into the CD slot, but now I have a smart watch (NOT Apple's) that lets me see incoming texts. Pain in the rear, especially Apple's attitude.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
That's the issue with this stuff everyone points their finger at the other when there is an issue.... I just wish my auto text notification would work again... its stopped months ago and now I have to drill down in menus to read the text.... when it did work it was very very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts